Chapter 49

**********
I knew you'd linger like a tattoo kiss
I knew you'd haunt all of my what-ifs
The smell of smoke would hang around this long
'Cause I knew everything when I was young
**********

*Edited

When I woke up, it was the most beautiful morning of my life. The love of my life was lying beside me, with his arm tightly wrapped around me, and his head laid on my chest as he breathed heavily in his sleep.

I stayed there, not moving an inch, in fear that it will wake him up from whatever dream he is in, and I think my new guilty pleasure is to stare at his beautiful face while he sleeps.

My eyes were drawn to the tattoo on his arm as I traced it with the featherlight touch, making sure it won't disturb his peaceful slumber. The rose drawn on his arm seemed so fragile, as if he had a special care for it.

The design so imperfectly perfect on him. The Alpha who fears nothing has a weakness which was depicted through a rose. It's funny how these small things make me wonder if it holds this deep meaning or my imagination is running wild.

I resumed my research on his face, the freckles covering his nose, the slight frown on his forehead, as if he was doing a really complicated task.

I never noticed all this before, I never felt like doing this before, which makes my thoughts drift to the most perfect night of my life. Not many hours ago, we were one. And then it hit me, the mark, his mark, now covers my neck.

I raised my hand to my neck, caressing the new bruise there. It feels like it was always there, I just didn't know. It doesn't feel different, or uncomfortable, it feels... complete.

"Good morning, the most awesomest divine delight of my life." Came his voice, startling me back to reality, and then it registered what he said and I couldn't contain my laughter, as I burst out.

"You are watching a lot of Hannah Montana. You need to stop." I told him. A few days ago, we were talking about how I grew up watching and remembering every episode of Hannah Montana and I can recite it in my sleep, and so he said he'd give it a try and now he's hooked.

"What? It's not my fault Miley wrote the line for Jackson. It's a nice line, kinda explains you." He defended with a cheeky smile, "besides, she had no right to do such a thing to her older brother, anyway." He completed as he scooted into a sitting position by me, with his head resting on the headboard as mine lay on his shoulder.

I laughed a little and then stopped, this moment feels so perfect. We don't need words to communicate, we just know that both of us are happy, just there with the presence of each other.

"So," he started, breaking the silence which made me look at him curiously, "last night, do you... I don't know-" I didn't let him finish.

"Last night was the most perfect, most beautiful night of my life and I don't regret one moment of it, so neither should you. I wanted it and I'm glad that it was you. I would want anyone else but you for now and for a very long time in the future." I said and took in his expression which turned from doubt to glimmer to happiness to doubt again as he spoke.

"For a very long time in the future?" He repeated my words, conspicuously, "sugar, I don't know if you know this or not, " he spoke as my heartbeat increased, with a fear of what he was about to say, "but very long time won't do for me anymore. I needed you before, I need you now and I think I would need for like, the rest of my life, so you must think of replacing very long time with forever." He completed and I couldn't help another smile breaking through.