Chapter 22

**********
Expecting things to change
Without putting in any effort is like
Waiting for a ship at the airport.
**********

*Edited

"What's the life and death situation?" Chris asks out trying to joke.

I just glare at him, and so do all the boys which wipes off the silly smile on his face.

"Okay. Sorry, I'm just a little new with being serious so yeah. I'll shut up." He lets out nervously.

"Are you guys playing around with my friends." I ask out, hoping that they would say yes. I just can't face the fact that all my friends' life would be at stake.

"What?" Adam was the one who spoke up. Clearly shocked by my question. Guess I could not hide the hope in my voice for them to say yes.

"I am asking if you all are just hanging around with my friends for fun, or are you serious about the relationship." I said again.

"What the hell are you even talking about?" Ryder spoke up with shock evident on his face. "You know about us even as werewolves and our reputation in school. Chris doesn't date. I never had a serious relationship, and Adam? He's the kind of guy who likes to keep to himself. Where is the confusion here?"

"Are you seriously asking me that Ryder? Don't you know how dangerous this can be for them? Don't you think you are putting their lives in a fatal situation? Have you even been thinking about how much danger Amber can be in?" I let out trying my best to not raise my voice as we are in a library.

"And you Chris. What about Blake? Do you even know that he is being distant to me. The one who laid by his side when he needed a shoulder to cry. He is hiding something from me. He is the kind of person who tells me everything. Even if he buys new clothes, I am the first one to know." I said raising my voice a little more.

"Adam you are a good guy. Wren is so happy to be with you. She always forgets about Lucas when she is with you. She thinks about you all the time. Don't you think that it will be very dangerous for her? Do you want her to live in the fear of being killed any moment? Even if you are the best warrior you can't always be beside her. And even you know that." I said a little softly this time. Adam is a reasonable guy, he will understand it.

"And you Edward. Why do you even think I am your mate? This is impossible. And even if I am, you won't need such a weak, human Luna for your pack. You need someone strong who can fight beside you. I can hardly make a fist. You don't want someone as weak as me." I said a little more-softer this time, trying to control the tears that were threatening to spill out. His face got blank the moment I said he needs someone else.

I can't make my mind up for the fact though. I just can't see him with anyone, but I don't want to go back there. I don't know what I will do, but all I know is that my friends won't suffer.

I looked at all their faces and saw the look of concern on them. Maybe this could be good?

"And I think you guys should know this. Blake knows about Werewolves too. I told him the moment I knew and within that one sentence he believed me. I don't know why but he always does." I said and Chris' face held another shocked expression. So did everyone else's.

"You are saying that he knows about us already?" Chris said, shock evident on his face, with a little hope in his voice. Maybe he thought that Blake knew about him and still hung around.

"Not about you, but about your kind. He doesn't know that you are a werewolf." I said, which made his expression turn gloomy again.

"Wren has never talked about Lucas since I met her?" Adam asked out softly. I know he is the mature one in this group of fools so he would understand. And I know that When has told him about her past relationships to him. She would never hide such a thing from me.