Chapter 34

**********
Sometimes you need to give up on people,
Not because you don't care,
But because they don't.
**********

*Edited

I was anxious and worried for what would've happened to Edward. I didn't mean to be harsh on him, but it was true, I was feeling suffocated with him around all the time. I needed space.

He didn't show up to any of the classes in the first half, and now it was time for lunch. I hope he is there. Even if he is angry or doesn't wanna talk to me I can live with it but I have to see him, to know that he's okay.

Sitting on our usual table, there was Blake with Chris and Amber and Wren, no sign of the other three missing from our little group. I wanted to know what happened so I decided to ask Chris as he was the only one who is to know about his pack members.

"They had some work to do. It was important." He replied looking at me as if knowing I would know what he's talking about and surprisingly I did.

The Pack stuff had to be taken care of so the Alpha, Beta and Gamma went to sort it out.

My phone pinged, signaling a text, I looked at it and my eyes almost bulged out of their sockets.

Meet me in the ground. It's important. Please.
~ Adrian.

My heart started to pound in my chest, thinking about all the things that would happen if I go. But the sensible part of my brain suggested that it would be the only time where I can know what he has to say without any interruption and so I listened to it.

Excusing myself from the table, I went out to look for the person who wanted to see me.

I saw him sitting on the bleachers alone while some other students were scattered across the huge field.

He seemed to notice me approaching as he looked at me and stood up, his eyes shining like a kid in the candy shop.

"Hi babe!" He greeted me.

"You don't get to call me that Adrian. How many times do I have to tell you that?" I scowled at him. He looked at the ground.

"I'm sorry. It's just a habit."

"Try to change it. Now, what's the problem?" I asked, not wanting to stretch the conversation longer than necessary.

"I was hoping if I can talk to you about what happened." His face turned sad. But something in my mind told me to not fall for this.

"I don't wanna talk to you. I think I made it pretty clear earlier." I said, trying my best to not fall for his trick.

"Are you sure? Do you not want me anymore, Ava? Was it so easy for you to move on?" He asked with the same sad expression.

"You have the audacity to ask me that, Adrian?" I told him accusingly, "you left me, you left me when I was on the verge of falling all over for you. You think it was this easy to move on for me? You broke me, Adrian. Not just my heart, but my love too. And now you are here in front of me asking me if it was easy for me to 'move on' when you were the one who left me to fend for myself. When you are the sole reason why I have nightmares of being left alone in a dark room as you watch me drift away. So no, it was not easy for me to move on but you left me no choice. It was either forgetting you or to forget myself," all the rage, all the questions, all the things I wanted to say to him. This is it. This is how I actually move on.

I loved him with everything in me. But the keyword here is loved. This person had all of me, my heart and soul. I gave everything to him and what he did was that he left me with no explanation for his actions.