Chapter 40

**********
No matter how many fights you get into, if you truly love someone,
It should never matter in the end.
**********

*Edited

The day fell upon humanity. The day some looked forward to but I dreaded the most. Yes, it's The Friday. The day the boys are gonna tell the girls and Blake. I didn't look forward to waking up and going to school. If only god would be there to help me.

What if there is a sudden earthquake? What if it starts to rain meteor? What if out of nowhere, heavy snowing occurs? If any of these things happen, I will thank god to the heaven and back.

But what if the girls react the way I don't want them to? Now that is something we have to worry about. And honestly, I don't know if they'll handle it, and that's what I'm scared of the most.

Taking a deep breath, I walked out of the room but was stopped by the sound of my phone ringing. Reaching for my cell I saw Wren's face flash on my screen.

What is it now? I don't think I'll be able to face it. I thought but picked up the call nonetheless.

"Hey! What's up?" I asked.

"I'm not coming today. I am gonna take the day to get ready." She answered hurriedly.

"Okay? Then what about Amber?" I asked.

"Yeah, she isn't coming either. She's here with me."

"Hi babe!" I heard Amber's voice in the background.

"Okay then. I'll get you both your assignments." I said, feeling a bit sad.

"Thanks babe. You're a life saver as always. I gotta go now but thanks again. I love you." She said in the same hurried tone.

"Love you too." I said and hung up.

Walking down I saw mom having her coffee, with breakfast for three prepared and neatly set.

"Morning honey! You slept well?" No mom I was awake whole night thinking all the things that could go wrong today!

"Like a baby." I replied instead.

The guest room door opened and out walked Blake with dark eyes. I worriedly asked what happened.

"I just don't feel so good so I won't be going to school. And Chris is meeting up with me in an hour." He said tiredly as he took a seat beside me.

"So, you won't be going either? Am I missing something? Because Amber and Wren too are not going." Blake shrugged and started to dig in his breakfast.

Mid way through my plate, there was a knock on the door and mom went up to see who it was. After a few minutes, in walked, with all his devilish charm, the one and only Edward.

"What are you doing here so early?" I asked, shocked.

"Well, good to see you too, babe." He rolled his eyes not realizing what he just said. And mine just widened.

"Babe!? Wait... Are you two...?" Mom shouted while pointing her index finger back and forth between me and him.

"Yeah... Did I forget to mention that?" I said while glaring holes in his head. He gave me a scared look with his eyes wide and mouth opening and closing, trying to say something and failing.

"Oh wow! That's great! My baby has officially moved on." Mom said.

Wait! She's... Happy?

"Mom? Are you... Okay?" I asked worriedly. Has she lost her mind in New York? Is she still gonna be the sweet mother I always had?

"Of course. I'm amazing sweetie. OMG! My baby has grown up!" She said with her hands covering her mouth and tears in her eyes.