Chapter 41

**********
There are two types of secrets:
The kind you want to keep in,
And the kind you don't dare to let out.
**********

*Edited

Here we are to the place where not only mine, but the fate of my friends will be decided and just so you know, I'm so not looking forward to it.

We are in the middle of another forest (go figure) with no human in sight. We walk slowly hand in hand to the middle of the forest waiting for others to come. Edward more calmly than me. Well sorry if I can't calm down about the fact that my friends will know the one thing, I never counted on telling them! Except for Blake, of course, which is another serious situation because he knows.

"I think it's time to tell you." Edward said calmly not having a positive effect on my already wrecked nerves.

"Tell me what?" I asked nervously. One moment of peace, is that too much to ask?

We suddenly stopped, standing face to face with his hands holding mine gently.

"We have met before." He said. Wait what? Before? Of course, we have. I've known him since July when he first came here. What is he talking about? "No! Not like this year, but years ago." He said probably reading my confused expression.

Huh? Years ago? Is he alri- oh! He's talking about when we were kids! I almost forgot about it under these stressful circumstances.

"Oh! Yeah, I know about that." I said, trying to put his mind at his peace. Now it was his turn to make a confused expression.

"You knew? How?" He asked, baffled.

"I was taking a tour of the house with Adam when I saw a familiar photo of a boy. I asked Adam and he told me it's you. Although, I don't understand one thing. When we were kids you told me your name was Asher. What changed? I didn't bring this up earlier because I thought that we were kids so you most probably forgot about me. But I still didn't get why you changed your name. What is your real name?" I asked looking at him questioningly.

He smiled and pulled me in for a tight hug. I was confused at first but wrapped my arms around his waist, nonetheless. He kissed my head and rested his chin on it. We stood there for a while when he broke the silence, answering my question.

"I really liked you from the start, sugar. The day we met I had a huge argument with my parents so I went to the park. I usually went there with Ryder but that day I wanted to be alone and so I went there and just started thinking about everything when you came in and started talking to me. Even as kids I knew that you were going to be the death of me. The way you used to call me Asher made me almost lose my senses.

"The day you didn't come to the park I was disappointed, but hoping I'll see you soon I went back home. For months I waited for you to come, not having any clue what went wrong when eventually I stopped. Everyone used to call me Asher and I just felt so heartbroken that the one person I wanted to say my name was not there so I told everyone to call me by my middle name. Before you ask, yes my name is Asher Edward Knights." He said the moment I pulled my head away from his chest to speak. I nodded and rested my head again on his broad chest.

"When we moved here from New York, I had no idea I'll get to meet the girl I've been waiting on for so long. The first day I entered the school, I felt a shift in my senses, they felt awake and then I saw you sitting in that wretched biology class. It took every ounce of self-control in me to not take you out of that class and claim you as mine for everyone to see. From the start you felt familiar, like home. There were still some doubts when I got to know your name but those green eyes just ensured me a hundred times more that you actually were my Ava. For two whole torturing months I looked for ways to make you spend some time with me and then when I got to know that you were the incharge of tutoring students who were having difficulty, my mind started running a marathon and I asked the teacher to assign you to me. It wasn't difficult to persuade him, to be honest.