Chapter 45

**********
When you grow up, you realize that Prince Charming is not easy to find and the bad guy does not always wear a black cape. He's not easy to spot; he's really funny, and he makes you laugh, and he has perfect hair.
**********

*Edited

I decided on one thing that as hard as this period in my life is, I can't really let my future suffer. So, I went to Mr. Walker and told him that I will do the report. He shooed me off saying that he'd let me know as soon as someone else steps to go with and then he'd brief us about the exhibition.

Now that I had nothing to worry about – mostly – I am going to focus on getting the people back together and for that I went to the only right thing in my life, Blake.

"Hey, how are you doing?" I asked as soon as I stepped into his room.

"I could be better. You?" He asked back.

"Me too." I replied sadly. "So how are things with Chris? You seem to have taken the situation well."

"Oh, it's amazing. We have decided to take things slow for a while and he's just so understanding. I never thought how easy it'd be to be with a–uh, umm, werewolf." He said and I was glad to hear it, honestly.

"It'd take some time to get used to it." I laughed out.

"Yeah, but I have to tell you something."

"Okay, what is it?" I sit beside him on his bed, prodding him to speak.

"Mom and dad decided to split up. And I'm almost 18 so that means none of them have to decide as to who will get me." He spoke.

"Oh, my god I'm so sorry." I went in to hug him which he returned tighter than ever.

"No, it's not your fault, it's ok. I saw this coming a long time ago." He tried to sound brave but the wetness on my shoulder said something else.

That night he fell asleep in my lap and I felt a sense of relief to know that he will be fine. I know that because I know him and he'll pull through, he always has and he always will. And even if can't I'll be right here with him to help him through.

So now we come to this day where I get to know who will be coming to the exhibition with me, that is tomorrow. I have already made a plan and all the points that I would have to take into consideration while writing the report and I printed out a map of it to know my course through the whole function.

I wait in the classroom for Mr. Walker to bring in the student. It's not like I have anything else to do, I have a free period and I finally decided to catch up with my work and managed to get 2 classes ahead of all subjects. Don't ask how I did that, even I don't know, but the dark circles under my eyes do.

Finally, the teacher walked in bringing with him the only person I not want to ever see the face of. Ok maybe not ever, but like, not right now.

"Hello Ava, I assume you already know your partner." The teacher said and it took me a little longer than usual to process his words, but when I did, I nodded at him while staring at my 'partner' who was in return staring at me in complete shock.

Welcome to the club, buddy. I thought.

Why the hell is he here? He shouldn't be.

"Ok then, let's talk about what I expect from you tomorrow, shall we?" He asked and gestured us to sit down in front of him.

"Ok so Ava, I want you to be the observer and take notes of whatever that should be included in this report, ok?" I nodded and he looked towards him. "Adrian, I want you to come up with ideas to make this report look more exciting. Try to make it sound like if I not read it, I would be missing out on something good."