Chapter 39

**********
First love is, only a little foolishness
And a lot of curiosity.
**********

*Edited

The night roles by faster than expected. And for the first time in a long time, I wasn't eager to get out of bed. I know that it's my fault to choose to sleep late, but my mom got back and what else do you expect a girl to do who missed her mother terribly.

With a heavy heart, I left my bed and started to get ready for another day. Not giving any effort in dressing up, I walked downstairs to greet mom and Blake.

Blake was sitting by the kitchen counter but mom was nowhere to be found.

"She's still sleeping." He answered my thoughts, while stuffing his face with cereal. I nodded and got myself a bowl and had the same.

"So, we'll go together today?" I asked while pouring milk.

He quickly finished the food in his mouth while bobbing his head up and down.

"Yeah, and guess what?" He answered.

"What?"

He extended his hand holding his key and sliding it across the counter.

"You get to drive my car."

"Really!? Thanks, but why?" I greedily snatched the keys, holding them tightly in my hands.

"Don't feel like driving." He shrugged it off. Is something off? Something is definitely not right here.

We made our way outside after I wrote a note to mom when she wakes up, I started the car and we drove off.

Lunch rolled up quickly and even after a whole week of me and Edward being together, the stares and whispers never stopped, honestly, it's exhausting now.

It is not easy to interact with Edward or Asher or whatever. I don't even know what to call my supposed boyfriend. I am positive by now that he doesn't remember me so I behave like I don't know a thing but then why did he change his name? Was Asher even his real name? Is Edward his real name? These are the questions that I am dying to know the answers of but also cannot ask them directly.

Sitting down at our table, I realized how much more invested my 2 best friends have been in their relationships. More than what I have been. They were shocked to the core when Edward and I entered the school holding hands for the first time. And trust me when I say this, I don't know what happened in my classes, they wouldn't stop bugging me. Now the steam has been cooled down a bit on our table, but the rest of the school still can't get over it.

I took the seat beside Adam on my left and an empty chair to be filled by Edward. Name of the devil, and he walks in taking the seat beside me and giving me a peck on the cheek. Glad he didn't go to kiss me. I don't know what I would've done.

"Are you okay?" He asked, taking my hand in his. "Are we okay?" He asks still worried.

"Why do you always ask that? It's not like I'm going anywhere." For now. But I didn't say the last part.

"I know. I'm just scared that this is too good to be true." He said. Bringing my hand to his lips, he kissed my knuckles and caressed my hand.

"You don't have to be. I won't leave you unless you give me a reason to." I said truthfully.

"I won't, trust me." We looked at each other and smiled.

"Ava, we need to go." Amber said, and I looked at her with a confused face. Then I noticed that Wren too stood up and they both made their way to pull me up by my arms, letting the other one slip from Edward's grasp.