Derek's POV

Derek had no idea what happened.

He was on his way to get Stiles at the hospital, because Scott was awake and getting out today. He had been so relieved when Stiles told him- not only because, as irritating as Scott could be sometimes, he was a good kid, but also because seeing Stiles like that had scared him. It was like he wasn't even there, like he'd been replaced by a robot. And he had been so sad, and so scared, and Derek tried so hard but he couldn't help him and it had been tearing him apart. He was thankful that Lydia had shown up. He knew she was having a hard time too, with Alison being dead, and that her sitting with Stiles might help him.

He was ten minutes away, maybe less. Ten. Freaking. Minutes.

And then his window shattered, something entered his arm- why was it always his arm?!- and it all went black.

He woke up in a dark, unfamiliar room, chained to a wall. He felt sick. And he stayed that way for a few hours, until a voice echoed off the walls.

"Who's sexy? Is that your boyfriend?"

He thought he recognized the voice, but it was hard to tell. He could feel Stiles freaking out, feel his heart beating too hard for his pale chest, feel him breathing all wrong and trying to keep it together. But he wasn't nearby. And Derek was pretty sure there was a wolfsbane bullet in his arm, and everything hurt.

"Yeah, it's Stiles. Isn't he sweet? He says for you to not be dead because he can't do this. Poor kid," the voice laughed. "'Please baby, please don't do this to me, please just be alive,'" the voice mocked, doing a high pitched impression of Stiles. Derek pulled against his restraints, which earned another cold laugh from the nameless voice.

"'I'm going to find you, and when I find you you're gonna be alive,'" it taunted. "'I love you, i'm so stupid, please don't be dead,'"

Derek growled. How dare she- it was definitely a female- mock Stiles, how dare she poke fun at him.

She let out another laugh.

"Oh, this one is GOOD! 'For the love of God please please just be alive and it will be alright, please just be okay and I can find you'! He's so precious,"

"Who are you?" Derek growled. She was starting to piss him off.

"'If theres any justice in the world you have to be alive, i love you so much, you have to know I love you'! Do you know that he loves you, Derek? I mean, HE won't know that you know, but he says he needs you to know,"

Derek pulled against his chains again, but it was no use. They weren't breaking.

"He left you a message!! Thats so sweet! Lets hear it, shall we? I mean, it may be the last time you hear your human's voice again,"

And then Stiles was talking. It was scratchy, a recording on his phone and definitely not live (which relieved him a little, because at least Stiles wasn't down here too).

"Derek? I love you, I love you so much..."

His heart ached at Stiles voice. The woman cackled.

"...You have to be alive because I didn't tell you that I loved you before you left. Well I did but not, like, recently and i'm so sorry, i'm sorry I was a fucking unstable zombie, i'm so so sorry, i'm sorry. I love you. I love you. I love you, and I don't know what else to say so i'm just going to keep saying it. I love you. I love you so much. I love you more than life itself and you need to be okay, you hear? Just be okay. Please."

Derek growled again. This was her fault, she was hurting Stiles. She, whoever this faceless voice was, was enjoying taunting him and mocking Stiles and he was going to tear her apart so help him God he was going to rip off her head and tear her heart out of her chest-