Stiles' POV

** vote//comment//share!! **

He did not want to tell Derek.
He really, really, REALLY didn't want to tell Derek.
He didn't see why he had to, except it was something he should have told him before and kindof important, but not really, but he should still say something.

Why did Lydia always have to be right?

Lydia didn't know about Derek's rule, though. No sex until Stiles was 18. And besides that, Derek was really careful around Stiles. He never did anything that might upset him or make him uncomfortable. Which was sweet and wonderful and all that, but that just made it harder for him to tell Derek.

Apparently, Stiles was giving off bad vibes or something, because Derek ran a hand through his hair and started asking questions again.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"I..." Stiles exhaled. Now or never. "I have to tell you something but I don't wanna tell you but I should,"

"What?"

"Er. I need to tell you something,"

"Okay,"

"But I don't want to tell you,"

"You know you can tell me anything," Derek said slowly, "But if you don't want to then it's okay. Really,"

"But I do want to tell you, I just can't, because my mouth is stupid,"

"I disagree,"

"I'm..."

Stiles breathed in. This was bad.

"I'm a v..."

Scratch that. It wasn't bad, it was a train wreck.

"I've never... Had..."

One. More. Word.
Why was this so difficult?!

"S-Sex," he muttered. There. Done.

Derek was quiet for a minute and Stiles was scared that he'd done it wrong. Why hadn't Lydia given him specific instructions on how to do this?!

Derek slid a hand over Stiles' chest.

"Stiles?"

"Mhm?" He replied, not daring to open his mouth. He could feel himself shaking and he was not going to cry, dammit, he was going react like a normal person.

"Why didn't you want to tell me?"

"I d-don't know why y-you like me," he mumbled shakily.

"I don't like you. I love you," Derek soothed. "Because you're beautiful," he began trailing kisses down Stiles' face. "And intelligent. And funny. And lovely. And sweet,"

Don't cry. Don't cry, Stiles, don't do it, fight it, it's fine, just stay calm and don't you fucking do it, goddammit Stiles keep it together-

"You're perfect,"

Stiles lost it. A little sob escaped as he shook his head.

"I-I'm not," he choked out, trying desperately to stop shaking and begging himself to stop being so unstable because this was just ridiculous.

"You are," Derek said softly, pulling him closer. "You really are,"

"H-H-How c-can you s-say that?"

"Shhh. Stiles, look at me,"

Stiles didn't move.

"Don't get upset, you're gonna make yourself sick. Look at me,"

He reluctantly lifted his head.

"Hey. You're perfect, okay?"

Stiles shook his head.

"You are to me,"

Derek spent the rest of the night calming Stiles down. He knew there was something else, but he didn't want to ask.

Stiles knew Derek knew there was something else, but he couldn't say it. Not now, not after he'd just made himself look like an idiot and Derek had been almost killed. It wasn't fair to do this. He wanted to call Lydia, have her explain, have her tell him what to do. But he also just wanted to let Derek hold him and tell him everything was fine.

And he could almost believe it, that everything really was fine.

Almost.