Alison's POV

She hadn't told Lydia she loved her.
Lydia had said it and Alison hadn't said it back.
And it was killing her.
Her girlfriend was on a hit list and she had hung up the phone. Why would she do that? Lydia could be dead- oh, God, please, don't let Lydia be dead.
Peter had no idea what to do about it, and she didn't blame him. But she still sat on the kitchen counter, watching the front door and crying like an infant. When she heard the car pull up, she moved so fast she fell off the counter and hit the tile. She stood up quickly and flung the door open to a very surprised looking Lydia.
"Alison? What's wron-"
Alison jumped on her.
"I'm sorry," she bawled, kissing Lydia's neck. "I love you, Strawberry,"
"I love you too, Cat. What's wrong?" Lydia repeated, carrying Alison inside and shutting the door.
"I love you,"
"Are you okay?"
"I love you,"
Lydia sighed and set her down on the couch. Peter entered from the coat room.
"Is she done crying?" He asked.
"What happened?" Lydia demanded.
"She got off the phone with you and started sobbing. And I don't know how to deal with that, so I was-"
"Hiding in the old coat room, playing the Kim Kardashian game?"
"I'm a B lister, Red, i'm so close,"
"You're so ridiculous, Peter," she half laughed, flinging a hand at the door. "Go on,"
He mock-bowed and spun out. Lydia sat down next to Alison and poked her arm.
"Hey," she whispered.
"I'm so sorry,"
"For what?"
"I got mad at you and- And you said I love you and I didn't and I do love you-"
"It's okay, kitty. It's alright,"
"-And I know you fix everything for everyone else and you can't fix me and you can't fix all my shit but i'm okay and you don't need to protect me,"
Lydia exhaled and leaned into Alison.
"I know. I'm kindof a control freak. But I just wanna help you,"
"I'm okay,"
"Your dad saved Scott,"
"Tonight?"
"Yeah. He should know,"
"I know. I just- I dunno,"
"I know,"
Alison sighed.
"I don't know what my deal is,"
Lydia hesitated and leaned away from Alison.
"What is it?" Ali asked.
"I- You died. And before you died, we were- I dunno. But we weren't this. And I know Peter brought you back for- well, technically for Stiles, but mostly for me. But if you wanna, you know..."
"What?"
"If you wanna go back to your life. And your dad, and i'm sure you could find a boyfriend-"
Alison was hearing no more of this, so she kissed Lydia to shut her up.
"No,"
"I just- I never asked. For you to be my girlfriend. And you don't belong to me, I know that,"
"I do, really," Ali nodded enthusiastically, pulling Lydia to her again. "I'm your girl, you don't have to ask,"
"Okay," Lydia smiled, sounding relieved.
"I love you, Strawberry,"
"I love you more, Ali Cat,"
"Impossible,"
"Oh, trust me lover, it's possible,"
"But it's highly improbable,"
"But it's true. I love you,"
"I love you more," Alison insisted.
"I love you most," Lydia shushed.
"I love you more than most,"
"I love you more than more than most,"
"I love you more than Peter loves v necks,"
"Lets call it even for now," Lydia laughed. "Get some sleep, kitty,"
"Mmkay,"