The Hospital

Lydia arrived before Scott, Isaac and Stiles did. There was a nurse waiting and Stiles didn't die (though Lydia kept insisting frantically that he was going to). He woke up around noon.

"...But you, Achilles, there's not a man in the world more blest than you- there never has been, never will be one. Time was, when you were alive, we Argives honoured you as a god, and now down here, I see, you lord it over the dead in all your power. So grieve no more at dying, great-"

"Lydia?" Stiles muttered, interrupting her hushed reading.

"Oh, you're awake! Good. Good, um, how're you...?"

"Fine. Where's Derek?"

"He was here an hour ago. The nurses made him leave like they did when Scott was out- I don't think they trust him. But he's out in the lobby,"

"What happened?"

"You had a- a fit, or something. Blurry, dizzy, hit your head. Something about voices. Not making much sense,"

"Yeah,"

"Feel better now?"

"Not really. Ache behind my eyes. I think my butt is stuck to this friggen bed,"

Lydia laughed a little.

"I'm probably to blame for the headache. Reading to you,"

"From what?"

"The Odyssey," she said, looking down at her thumbs. Stiles squinted a little.

"Oh,"

"I just thought..."

"My mom used to read that. I think. I don't remember. But it was on the shelf,"

"You mentioned it. Uh. Earlier,"

"Oh,"

"Yeah. I'll go get Derek, now, if you want?"

"Thanks,"

Lydia left with a nod and found Derek in a hospital chair. He was still mad at her, probably, but she didn't care.

"He's up," she said quietly.

"Great," Derek said, standing and brushing past her. Yeah, he was still mad.

"He just woke up, though, so don't-"

"Don't tell me what to do," he grunted.

"-Talk so much to him about-"

"Lydia, i'm serious," he growled.

"-Anything that might-"

"Stop," he hissed.

"-Upset him," she finished.

"I think I know what's best for Stiles a little better than you do, so stop lecturing me," he snapped, turning on her.

"I just don't want him to get worked up,"

"And I do?!"

"No, but I think you set him off sometimes because he's not so good with-"

"Set him off?! What the hell is that supposed to mean?!"

"It means what it means. Now keep your sentences short, don't make him anxious, and don't yell at me,"

Derek rolled his eyes.

"Look, I get that you have a thing for him, and I can deal with that, but if you don't stop trying-"

"A thing for him?! Are you serious?! I'm not hot for STILES! What the fuck!?"