Deaton's Place

Lydia had to take Stiles to Deaton in an attempt to get some sort of scar fading supernatural potion.

"Lydia! Visiting me again, I feel lucky," he smiled when they walked in. She winked and pointed at Stiles.

"He needs more hoodoo,"

"What for?"

"Got some cuts he needs healed. Or made to look less severe,"

"Uh huh. Am I allowed to ask why?"

Lydia shot Stiles a questioning glance, and when he nodded she turned back to Deaton.

"He's been blacking out and doing things he doesn't remember. And this time it involved wandering for five hours and doing some self depreciating activities,"

"And i'm assuming Derek can't know about this,"

"You assume correctly,"

"How long's he been doing this?" Deaton asked, turning and leading them into one of the rooms for animal patients.

"Eh... It only happened once, not that long ago. Month, give or take,"

"And what happened that time?"

"Stiles?" Lydia asked, looking at him for conformation. He hesitated and then nodded. "He killed something,"

Deaton paused.

"What?"

"A deer. He, uh... I don't know what exactly he did, but it was all ripped open and he was covered in it. And he... ate, some of it,"

Deaton now turned around and looked Stiles in the eyes with his eyebrows high.

"Tell me that you didn't do what it sounds like you did,"

"I just wanted to be able to help," Stiles whispered helplessly. Lydia squinted at him in confusion.

"What did you do?"

"He got a bite. And it didn't take, obviously. But your side effects are interesting,"

"You did WHAT?!" Lydia screeched.

"Turns out that, uh, if your mate doesn't turn you, if one of you is human and the other is wolf when you're bonded, there can be side effects," Stiles muttered.

"Who did it?" Lydia demanded, standing directly in front of Stiles. He didn't answer and wouldn't look up at her. "Who was it? Who'd you get to bite you?"

"Lydia-" Deaton tried.

"Scott?! Did he decide it was okay to turn his best friend?!"

"Peter," Stiles whispered. Lydia shook with rage.

"I'm gonna kill him. No, i'm gonna tell Derek, and DEREK will kill him,"

"Don't tell Derek, please," Stiles begged.

"I can't keep letting you do this, Stiles! Keeping all your secrets! I mean, if they were normal things, or even abnormal things, sure, but YOU COULD HAVE DIED. And then what do I do?! Go to another funeral? What does Derek do? And Scott? Your dad? You have to stop!"

"I didn't know what else to do," he whimpered.

"Do about what?!"

Stiles didn't answer.

"Really? You're gonna keep something from me? I already know everything else, you might as well get it all out,"

"I'm tired of him having to protect me. And I thought, if I turned, then he wouldn't have to,"

"That's your reasoning?!"

"I just wanted too-"

Lydia slapped him. Hard. Not as hard as she could have, and not as hard she had before, but hard enough for it to make a noise.

"You're going to talk to Derek. Right. Now. And you're going to explain what you did and i'm not going to feel guilty in the slightest if he gets mad,"

"Lydia-"

"In the car!" She demanded, pushing him toward the door. When he left, she turned to Deaton. "He won't die, right? Because of what he did?"

"Should wear off in a few days now,"

"He won't turn into a kanima?"

"His body isn't rejecting the bite, its rejecting the biter. He'll be fine,"

"Thanks," she breathed, swallowing the lump in her throat and leaving to go start the car and do something she felt horrible about doing. Stiles was sitting in the passenger's seat crying, and she steeled herself, because no way was she going back on this. "It's for your own good,"

"I know. I just don't want to do it,"

"We all have to do things we don't want to, darling. For example, I have to watch my brot- best friend cry all over my car seat,"

Stiles stared at her a minute and then the ghost of a smile hinted at his face.

"Love you too, Red,"

"Don't push it, Stilinskabitch, i'm still pissed off and angry,"

"Pissed off and angry are the same thing,"

"Do you want me to hit you again? Cos i'll do it,"