Hale House

Stiles and Lydia arrived at the door at the same time Peter was trying to leave. When he saw Lydia, his face went white. She grabbed him by his ear and yanked him into the loft, Stiles trailing behind her with a sick look directed at his shoes.

"DEREK!" Lydia called, keeping a death grip on Peter's now-red ear. Derek came rushing out of his bedroom.

"Hey. Why are you holding Peter's-"

"Your uncle tried to turn Stiles into a werewolf," she huffed, shoving Peter towards his nephew. Seeing the look of rage on Derek's face, she almost felt bad. But not too bad.

"You did what!?" He growled, grabbing Peter by his shirt.

"He asked!"

"Yeah, and there's more, so, put your uncle down and sit," Lydia sighed, flicking her hand towards the couch.

Derek hesitated.

"Put him down," she said again, and Derek reluctantly set Peter down. "Now sit,"

Derek eyed Peter.

"Sit," Lydia warned. Derek grumpily perched himself on the couch. "Good boy! Now, we're all going to have a nice, long talk as a family,"

She reached over to Stiles and dragged him foward, then pushed him onto the couch next to Derek. She sat on the coffee table.

"Did you just talk to me like a dog?" Derek asked, scrunching up his face and turning to look at Lydia.

"It worked, didn't it?"

Derek started to protest, but she shot him a look of death and he clamped his mouth shut.

"I have been up since four fucking thirty, I have lied to every single person we know in that time, and i'm about over it. So. Stiles. Start talking,"

Stiles kept his eyes at the floor and fidgeted with his hands, but he spoke.

"S-So, uh, about a month ago, I asked Peter to... Yaknow."

"Say it," Lydia warned.

"I asked Peter to turn me. And he tried, but apparently if you bonded with your mate while one of you was human then only that person can turn you, so I guess I rejected Peter's bite and I was sick, and I, uh..." He shot a glance at Lydia. "Can you? I don't think I can-"

"Stiles blacked out and gutted a deer, presumably with his teeth or hands or whatever and ate most of it,"

"Yeah. That. And then last night I was gonna tell you but I didn't and then I ended up blacking out again and had to call Red to come get me and I hit my head but its fine now, really,"

Lydia waited a second and then raised her eyebrows at Stiles.

"Are you gonna tell him the rest?"

Stiles shook his head. She yanked his sleeves up.

"He did this. While he was out, mind, so I think it was some sort of werewolf claw thing or something- I have no idea. But he did it with his fingernails. They cleaned them at the hospital,"

"That's it," Stiles mumbled. Lydia exhaled.

"Yep. Okay, well, i'm gonna leave you two now, and me and Peter dearest are going on a little adventure," she said, standing up and yanking Peter out the door by his ear.

"Ow! Would you stop-"

Lydia smacked him on the back of the head and shut the door behind them.

Stiles wished she had dragged him with her.

He wouldn't look up because he could feel Derek looking at him. It didn't even feel like he was looking at Stiles, it felt like he was looking through Stiles. Like he was seeing everything in him and not seeing him at all.

"I'm s-sorry-" Stiles started. Derek cut him off.

"Why did you ask Peter to turn you?"

"I didn't want you to have to keep worrying about me. Protecting me. I wanted to be useful," Stiles bit his lip to stop it from quivering. He would not lose it this time.

"You think you have to turn to be useful?"

"I don't know what I was thinking. I just wanted to mean something, or-"

"Hey," Derek lifted Stiles' chin gently. "You mean a lot. As a human,"

"I know. I guess. I just- You always have to help me, yaknow? Saving my ass all the time and being way too freaking nice, and I know i'm difficult, trust me, but you act like you don't even care and I don't get it because i'm not important and there's no reason for you to like me,"

"You are important. And you're not difficult. I would worry about you even if you were immortal. I don't need to have any reasons to like you, but I do. It's okay,"

Stiles sat there with his mouth apgape for about a minute.

"You're not mad at me?!" He said incredulously when he found his voice.

"Not at you, of course not. I'll be having words with Peter later, but he should've known better,"

"I- You sure you're not mad?"

"Why would I be mad?"

"I tried to turn, and I didn't tell you, and I killed something!?"

"Yeah, well. I can't really get mad at you,"

"You used to be able to get mad at me. I might've gotten brain damage,"

Derek frowned.

"Is your head okay?"

"You haven't hit me in forever, my head is fi-"

"No, when you cut it. Last night," he reached a hand up and ran a thumb over Stiles' forehead.

"S'fine. Doesn't hurt,"

"Good," Derek smiled.

Stiles smiled back. He felt like there was something wrong, like Derek really should be mad at him.

But he wasn't, which is why Stiles really meant it when he said:

"You're perfect,"

Derek looked taken aback. Then he kissed Stiles.

"You are,"