The Hospital

Scott and Isaac arrived at the hospital ten minutes after Lydia texted and quickly made their way to the room. Or they tried, but they were intercepted by a very frazzled looking Lydia.

"We were just coming to find you, what's-" Isaac started. Lydia shook her head.

"I'm sorry, I know I said- You can't be here. Right now,"

"What happened?" Scott asked.

"You... You can't see him right now. Like, he's fine, but you can't see this. He didn't... I'll call you when we covered everything up,"

"I don't understan-"

"I know, i'm really sorry I dragged you out here, but something came up. Er, came uncovered. Please don't let Derek come,"

"He'll be awake by now Lydia, you're lucky if he doesn't kill you for kidnapping Stiles,"

"I didn't kidnap him," she snapped. "And he can't be here. Stiles would freak out,"

"Derek's gonna freak out,"

Lydia sighed.

"Look, i'll call him, tell him what little I can. But he cannot be here, okay?"

Maybe it was the urgency that crept into her voice, or the frantic look in the back of her eyes, but something told them that they should listen.

"Okay," Isaac nodded, grabbing Scott's hand and pulling him down the hall.

"I'm sorry," she called. And she really was, but Stiles had been adamant.

Scott can't see this.

Scott can't know.

Lydia almost ran after them and told them, just because she didn't want them to wonder all day. But she knew their reaction wouldn't be helpful to keeping Stiles calm.

She took a deep breath and retreated back to Stiles' hospital room. He couldn't look her in the eye, but she didn't blame him.

He hadn't known he had cut himself, and discovering it while Lydia was there probably hadn't been easy.

"I'm sorry," he muttered. She sighed and sat down next to him.

"S'not your fault,"

"I wish I wasn't so neurotic,"

"If you weren't neurotic, you would be something much worse,"

Stiles smiled a little.

"Like a cannibal?"

"Or an antisocial genius with eight dogs,"

"I have three dogs, that's enough. And a cat. And a fox. And a coyote,"

"They aren't yours,"

"I'm the pack mom," he sighed, his smile fading. "They can't see this,"

"You don't remember doing it,"

"Yeah, but still. I used to. Scott didn't get it then and now its worse because Derek's going to know and I didn't even do it. Well, I did it, but I didn't mean to, I was blacked out or something,"

"We'll figure it out. And Derek'll understand,"

"This, yeah. But what I did... I can't-"

"Stop it!" Lydia let out exasperatedly, hopping up to stand in front of him. "Just stop it, alright?! Derek. Doesn't. Care. He doesn't! He just wants you to be okay! He loves you! And thats not gonna change no matter how many times you black out or cut your arms or kill-"

"Don't," he stuck a hand out. "I get sick thinking about it,"

"The point is," she sighed, "That you need to stop being so insecure. He loves you. And you have to tell him all your shit or he'll worry all the time, which he already does enough,"

"Why can't I just be Patrick Stump?"

"Why can't I just be Hayley Williams?"

"Oh, hon, you could be,"

Lydia snickered.