Cafeteria

Having Derek at school was the best. He was in all of Stiles' classes because the sheriff wanted to make sure that 'Miguel' didn't have a hard time. And he was super hot- like, he was hot before, but now he was a fresh little teenager with a leather jacket and he kept looking at Stiles, every class, hell yes hot people looking at him was Stiles' new favourite thing.
Lunch, however, was a different story. Stiles hated the Cafeteria- it was every asshole in the school in one room for a whole period. And since he was the dorkiest dork of dorks, the assholes paid special attention to him. Of course, since Lydia ran the school, nobody ever dared do anything to him because she would end them if they did. That didn't mean they couldn't say things or look at him.
Basically, Stiles was severly anxious around people and the Cafeteria amplified that by a thousand.
"Stiles?" Scott poked his arm. "You dead?"
"Hmm?" Stiles pulled his head off Derek's shoulder and looked around. "What?"
"Did you sleep through Spanish?!"
"No! I was... resting my eyes. Not sleeping,"
"Lunch time. Let's go,"
"Yes, right. Come, 'Miguel', we must take our leave now," he snickered as he stood up. Derek rolled his eyes and followed them into the dreaded Cafeteria.
At first everything was fine- nobody paid much attention to Stiles and Scott for fear of Lydia. But soon enough people noticed Derek- or, Miguel, Stiles' hot man candy. Some people said he was his cousin, others said he was his boyfriend. Someone said he was a bodyguard. And one girl swore she saw him in a gay porn (that girl was Angela, actually- she thought she was soooo funny).
"Hey," one kid said, approaching their table. Stiles shrank back into Derek's arm like a scared rabbit- not that he was scared (this kid looked about as threatening as a salad), but he would take any excuse to cuddle up to his boyfriend.
"Hey," Scott offered the boy as Isaac made a gagging face at Stiles' attempt on looking helpless.
"Are you new here?" The kid asked Derek.
"Yeah," Derek said shortly.
"I'm James,"
"Great. I'm Miguel. Do you need something or are you just gonna stand there?" Derek said in a condescending tone, smiling sarcastically. Stiles was loving this sass.
"Um- We- I was just wondering if you were-"
"Nope,"
"But you don't even-"
"I don't care," Derek shrugged. The kid let out a deflated sigh and walked away.
"Dude. You're a dick," Isaac laughed. Derek shrugged.
"I'm tired of people coming onto me,"
"Oh, poor you! "I'm Derek Hale and my life is so hard because I'm super hot!"" Stiles cackled. Derek snickered and poked him in the side.
"Be quiet, you,"
"Or what? You'll penetrate my soul with your Hale Glare?"
Stiles and Isaac both went "oooooohhhh" and wiggled their fingers.
"Yes. That's exactly what I'll do," Derek laughed, shaking his head.
"What? Stiles is getting penetrated? What's happening?" Lydia asked as she sat down.
"Derek's tired of people throwing themselves at him," Scott explained.
"Oh. It gets old, trust me. You'll learn to ignore it,"
"They better learn their places," Stiles muttered. "Back off my man,"
"I thought he was your cousin," Danny said pointedly.
"Holy shit! When did you get here?!" Stiles exclaimed, jumping in his seat.
"I was here before you were. Dork,"
"I'm not a dork, you're a dork,"
"How are you not a dork?"
"Because I have a super hot, mysterious boyfriend in a leather jacket named Miguel,"
"Again, i'm pretty sure he's you're cousin,"
"Well then it's incest. I don't care,"
"Good for you, steal all the boys and leave the rest of us by ourselves,"
"You have a boyfriend. He lives in England now because he's soooo fancy," Lydia chimed in.
"He is not,"
"Fancy or your boyfriend?" Scott asked. Isaac and Stiles cackled while Danny rolled his eyes.
"Speaking of boyfriends and man theives, where's Malia and Kira?"
"I don't know what they have to do with either of those things, but i'm sure they're making out in a storage closet somewhere,"
"Oh my GOD," Stiles sighed.
"What? They can't do it at Kira's house because she doesn't wanna tell her dad, and Malia lives with Stiles now so-"
Stiles was making a cutting motion against his throat, but Lydia didn't get it til after it was too late.
"Malia lives with you?" Scott asked.
"She lives in the other room," he mumbled.
"The other room or the other other room?"
"The other other room,"
"What the fuck?! You let her sleep in there?! You never even let me walk in there!"
"It's the only place I can keep her right now,"
"She's not a pet," Lydia snapped. "Also, whats this other room business?"
"It's nothing. Scott's an idiot,"
"Do you like Malia?" Isaac asked.
"Ha. No. Malia is no,"
"And you're a hoe," Lydia smiled.
"And you're slow,"
"Am not!"
"Fine, whatever. I'm not a hoe,"
Lydia stuck out her tongue at him.
Another kid stopped by this time, a girl with blonde hair and very pretty shoes.
"Hi," she said.
"Hullooo," Isaac sighed, since it was obvious neither Stiles nor Derek was going to aknowledge her.
"I'm Sarah, and I was just wondering if you wanted to..."
Derek looked over at her.
"Thanks, but i'm not so much into... You,"
"Oh,"
"I'm more into thin, pale boys with no coordination and big eyes," he smiled. The girl nodded and walked away.
"Awwwwwww!" Stiles cooed, leaning up and kissing his cheek. "You're so sweet,"
"I was actually talking about Danny but-"
Stiles elbowed him.
"Joking," Derek laughed, wrapping an arm around Stiles.
"You better be,"
"Hey, where were you earlier?" Isaac asked suddenly, pointing at Lydia.
"I had to go feed my cat," she shrugged.
"Is your cat okay?"
"Oh yeah, she's fine. Just kinda. You know. How she is,"
"Mhm,"
"Just to be clear, Red's cat is Alison, right?" Danny asked. Lydia shot him a look.
"No. Alison is dead. Remember?"
"No," Danny shrugged. Stiles snickered.
"Hey, um, Red, does your cat know that you use her as an excuse not to do homework?"
"Hey, I was really upset when she was still dead, and nobody knows she's not dead, so i'm keeping up the charade,"
"No, you're keeping up your grades. By crying in history twice a week,"
"It makes me think of her," she shrugged. "And you're fucking your cousin, so who cares if I use my undead girlfriend to get out of doing stuff?"
"Whatever," Stiles sighed.
"Hey, Stiles," Scott pointed over at the lacrosse table. Someone was getting up and moving their way. "Its 12:45,"
"Shit, already? I thought they were over this,"
"I don't know how they think they can get away with this, i'm right here," Lydia said indignantly.
"What?" Derek asked.
"You'll see," Isaac sighed.
Greenberg walked up to them with an uneasy look on his face. And then he just walked past.
"What the fuck?" Stiles asked in confusion. "Are they done?"
"Maybe they ran out of water balloons," Isaac suggested.
"And spray paint," Lydia added.
"And super glue," Scott shrugged.
"No way! It's cos of Miguel. He scares them,"
"They should be scared," Derek muttered. Stiles smiled and leaned into him. New Derek was a lot of fun.
"Oh my God. Okay, seriously, Stiles, you are so gay," Danny scolded.
"Says you!" Stiles scoffed.
"I don't lean up on hot new boys!"
"That's because there's only one hot new boy, and he's mine, so back off, sister,"
"Don't call me sister ever again,"
"Then don't call me gay,"
"But you are!"
"Oh yeah,"
Lydia cackled.
And that was the best day in the Cafeteria that Stiles had had since his first year.

** vote // comment questions for me // share // **