Chapter 3: The girl?

"We all start as strangers"

___

H

is eyes fluttered open slowly and he groaned under the intense brightness of the lights.

He already knew where he was. There was no need to guess. The smell of overwhelming disinfectant and the whiteness of the room was an easy giveaway. He cursed under his breath at the stupid idea of putting bright lights above an injured persons head. It was even worse because it was a completely white room which reflected all the lights right into his eyes.

Even though he knew where he was; he had no idea how he'd gotten there. The only hint was the achiness of his body and how difficult it was to breathe.

He closed his eyes then opened them again to rid them of the blurriness then slowly scanned himself.

He was in a thin blue gown spotted with... flowers. He scoffed to himself at how unmanly the gown was. If anyone he knew saw him in this he was sure his man pride would be seriously hurt. The only thing manly about him at the moment were his distinct man parts, his sharp jaw and his muscly body; which was quite damaged at the moment. 

He then looked at his leg, which was wrapped in an uncomfortable light blue cast. He really hoped this whole situation wouldn't mess with his sports career. But he soon realized it most likely would. He took deep calming breaths to rid himself of the rush of anger.

Next, he scanned over his left arm and studied the thick gauze around it. Just by staring at it, he had a strong urge to itch it, but he refrained himself from doing so because he knew any sudden movement would sap his energy and cause him a lot of pain.

"Oh good, your up!" A nurse said cheerily as she swung open the door.

He jumped and cursed when pain shot through his body.

"Oh I'm so sorry," she said. He could clearly tell she was trying to stifle her giggles. She walked right up to his bedside. "Can you tell me where it hurts, boo-boo?"

He looked at the nurse strangely. "Boo-boo?"

She giggled again, tucking a piece of her silvery-purple hair behind her ear. "Sorry. Me and my husband like to give our patients nicknames. I think Boo-boo fits you well, don't you think so?"

He pulled his eyebrows together "Umm i guess... so." 

"You don't talk much do you?"

"Ugh-"

"That's okay. Every ones different."

"Right. Did you say you have a husband?"

The nurses face lit up and she stuck up her hand, wiggling her fingers. "Yup. Happily married." She stared down at the two diamond rings on her fingers. "Its been about four and a half years now."

He was stunned. She looked so young. She was married and a nurse, but only looked about twenty one.

"If you don't mind me asking-"

"If your wondering about my age, I'm twenty eight. Don't worry, I'm completely capable of taking your blood pressure. I'm definitely not pretending to pose as a nurse for fun."

He laughed quietly. "Cool."

He began to wonder what her husband looked like, because if he looked just as young as her, he wanted in on their secrets. He wanted to make his future girl looked just as happy as this nurse in front of him.

"Well. We went totally off topic just now, so. My name is Nurse Melody Page, but you can just call me Mel for short. And your name is..."

"Oh right, ugh. My name is F-"

She giggled. "I forgot i already know your name, but just for the heck of it, continue."

He thought she was so strange but he laughed anyway. "My names Fabian. Fabian Sharp."

***

"Good afternoon Fabian," a deep voice said as a tall, young, olive skinned man walked into the room. "How are you feeling?"

"Alright, i guess," he said with a shrug.

"Are you sure. No pain anywhere?"

"No."

"You're lying."

Fabian was taken aback by this doctors bluntness.

The doctor laughed and pushed his dark hair out of his eyes. "I'm joking kid. I know your in pain, but ease up a little. Your going to be sore for the next couple of weeks. Its only normal."

Fabian chuckled slightly. He kind of had a faint idea of who this could be.

"Does anything hurt more than this morning?"

"No, not really."

"Okay. That's good. Oh by the way my name is Doctor Jayce Page. You can just call me Jayce. None of that 'Doctor Page' stuff."

I was so right

"You're married to Nurse Melody Page right?"

His eyes lit up similar to how Melody's did earlier. "Yup. Has she already made an impression on you?" he asked with a chuckle.

Fabian nodded slightly.

Jayce laughed again. "That crazy girl. She's always so sun shines and rainbows all the time. She sure does brighten up my day though."

Fabian smiled lightly at the way Jayce talked about his wife. They seemed to make each other so happy. Fabian made a mental note to get tips from Jayce before he left the hospital.

"Enough about me. That sure was one car collision."

Fabian didn't like the topic change but he answered anyway. "Yeah, sure was," he mumbled.

"That's a really smart girl you got though."

Fabian perked up. "Girl?"

"Yeah, girl. Do you remember the night before."

"Your making it sound like i got completely wasted," Fabian groaned.

"I mean you kind of did,"Jayce laughed then quickly stopped when he caught sight of Fabians glare. "Sorry. This is not something to be laughing about."

Fabian completely brushed off the last comment and answered the previous question. "Yeah, i remember some of it. And i wish i could forget."

"Even the part where that girl basically kissed you?"

"What!? Kissed me?"

"So you don't remember?"

Fabian was beginning to get frustrated now. "No. Or i wouldn't sound so confused."

"Alright kid. Calm down. Basically all that happened, well, my buddy from the ambulance said that a young girl saved your life the other night. And that's a hard thing to do if you aren't experienced. She must really like you. She was supposedly doing chest compressions and mouth-to-mouth for about nine minutes. She's a keeper," he said with a throaty laugh.

"But i don't know of any girl. I-i don't know who to thank."

"You mean you don't know who saved your life?"

"Yeah that's what I'm saying. Would you know her name by chance?"

"No, sorry kid. You really messed up on that one."

Fabian shot Jayce yet another glare and Jayce stepped back with his hands in the air in a mock surrender. 

"I'll find her," Fabian said to himself.

Little did he know, she'd be the one to find him.