Chapter 49: Mood Changer

It's nice when you have someone there to lean on

___

Fabian kissed Jaimie-mae's neck for the hundreth time that day while Fae curled up beside her for comfort. The whole day she hadn't even been affected by any affection that he gave her. She never blushed or kissed back. She wasn't herself and he missed her even though they were in the same room together.

Jaimie-mae's mood had been so bad that she hadn't even been able to get herself out of bed for eighteen hours. She had fallen deep into her mind and couldn't seem to climb out of it.

Fabian had been making sure she stayed hydrated and ate little bits of food at random parts of the day. He'd also ring up her mom so that the two of them could talk while he went out to the mechanics to finish off some work. He hated being away from her but he knew she wouldn't be able to even get up to hurt herself anyway.

When he came back from the mechanics, he made it his mission to get Jaimie-mae out of bed.

"Come on Jaimie. You should get up," Fabian said as he poked her foot.

She groaned and stuffed her head into the pillow.

"Forreal Jaimie. Staying in bed all day like this isn't good. I'm worried about you."

She shuffled deeper into the pillows and whimpered. "It hurts," she said softly.

He knew she wasn't talking physically but she had no idea how else to explain it.

"I know Jaimie. I know you hurt. But i can help you if you get out of bed. I'll run you a nice warm bathhh," he baited.

She slowly peaked her head out from the pillows and looked at him straight in the eyes with her currently dull blue ones.

"A bath?"

"Yeah. You know, the things that hold water and soap. People usually soak in them to get clean," he teased.

She didn't react, instead she just looked at him blankly. It was almost like she was just a shell of herself.

"Come on. Get up please. Don't do this to yourself."

He reached over and grabbed her arms to pull her up. Once she was sitting up she slumped against his chest, her cheek pressed against his neck.

"Let me go," she said weakly. "You shouldn't be taking care of me, i'm not a child."

"You and me both know that you don't want me to let you go. Come on now, i'm not going to just sit here and watch you suffer."

He lifted her up into his arms with a grunt and carried her to the bathroom. When he got to the tub, he placed her down and steadied her before he bent over to turn on the water. He tested the water until it was a nice temperature and then he filled the tub.

When the tub was filled, he picked out a nice bubble bath that he thought he would like Jaimie-mae to smell like and he poured in a bunch and mixed the water around with his hand.

"Are you going to take a bath so you feel better?"

She looked down at her toes and nodded. "Yes."

"Good Jaimie-baby," he said.

He noticed her shoot her head up to look at him. Her movements weren't slow anymore and he began to wonder if praising her would help to get her to come out of her depression.

"I'll be out here if you need me," he told her so she could have her privacy.

Just as he was about exit the bathroom a quiet sniffle stopped him in his tracks. He turned around to see Jaimie-mae with tears running down her cheeks.