Chapter 4: It's sweet

"Before i met you, i never knew what it was like to look at someone and just smile for no reason."

___

Jaimie-mae didn't make it to the hospital that Thursday, so she waited for Tuesday to roll around so she'd be free to visit the boy, Fabian, to see how he was doing.

As she stepped into the hospital, a familiar feeling came down over her and she felt herself want to cry and scream. She hated hospitals with a passion. But she had a huge respect for the staff that worked tirelessy to help people. People like herself.

She took deep breaths and pushed the memories out of her mind. She hadn't had an attack for a while now and she wanted to keep it that way. She figured the image of Fabian's body brought back the bad memories so she shoved the thoughts away and walked up to the front desk.

"A-afternoon," Jaimie-mae said quietly trying to get the lady's attention.

The lady didn't answer and continued to type away on the keyboard while Jaimie-mae stood there awkwardly. 

"Um, hello."

The lady still didn't respond and continued to type things into the computer. After about fifteen more seconds of absolute silence and Jaimie-mae over thinking and silently panicking, the lady finally looked up.

"Hi, how can i help you?"

"Can you tell me what room Fabian Sharp is in?" Saying his name sounded strange. She didn't exactly know if this was how it was even pronounced. He hadn't told her his name himself.

"Are you sure you want to see him. You don't seem so sure of yourself."

Jaimie-mae seriously felt like breaking down into tears, however she stood her ground.

"Yes. Im sure."

"Okay." The lady typed his name into the computer quickly then looked back up. "Second floor, room 132."

"Okay, thank you."

"Uh huh," the lady said dismissively. 

Jaimie-mae rolled her eyes as she walked off and repeated the floor and room number to herself. She passed the elevator completely and found stairs that could be used by visitors. She was never one to pass up a bit of excercise. She was one to pass an elevator trip though. She wasn't really scared of small spaces or getting stuck in an elevator, it was being in a small space with lots of people that made her nervous.

Once she was up the steps, she walked the halls until she found the number she was looking for.

She took a deep breath and then knocked lightly on the door.

Atleast i know he's alive, right

She heard a light 'come in' and so she pushed open the door and stepped inside.

When she was fully inside she looked at the boy in the bed who looked quite alive, but pale and bored. Probably from lack of sun. He had a cast on one of his legs, one of his arms was wrapped in gauze and his face had tiny scabs across it. His head was also wrapped in a thin layer of gauze. His loosely curled hair was sprawled messily over his forehead but Jaimie-mae still found him somewhat attractive.

"Hi," she said with a small, shy wave.

He stared at her curiously then waved back unsurely.

She stood awkwardly, shifting on her feet as he raked his eyes over her.

His voice made her jump a little. "I'm sorry, but, do i know you?"

"Y-No, not really. I was kinda there when you got... you know, knocked off your feet by a car."