Chapter 13: The Sharp's house

"I'm shy at first, but when i get comfortable with you i do the stupidest things sometimes."

It was three o'clock.

On a sunday.

Jaimie-mae was freaking out.

She had tried to convince herself that she had nothing to worry about because she had already met Fabian's parents and they were nice people.

But that wasn't true. Well the nice people part was true but she did have a lot to worry about. She could worry about her outfit. She could worry about the questions they'd ask her. She could worry about doing something absolutely embaressing. She could worry about having a panic attack.

But all her worrying was going to give her a panic attack. So she stopped her worrying. She took deep breaths and hyped herself up in the mirror. She made herself stop overthinking things; with struggle of course.

Her mother had given her multiple hugs and comforting words to take with her to dinner.

She was fine, or as fine as she could be.

So now she was sitting on the couch, with her phone in her hand and her heart beating fast. She was waiting for Fabian's mom to come pick her up.

Fabian hadn't texted her at all since Friday but she tried to push that out of her mind. If she worried about simple things like that all the time, she'd have gray hair at the age of thirty.

A distant beep from a car broke her out of her thoughts, so she sprung off the couch, slipped on her shoes and bolted out the door after saying goodbye to her mom.

"Hi sweetie," Madison waved from the drivers seat "you can hop in the front with me."

Jaimie-mae climbed into the passenger seat. "Hi, thanks for picking me up."

"No problem," she said cheerfully. "My boys are really excited for you to come over. They were telling each other what to wear before i left. Don't tell them i told you though."

Jaimie-mae giggled and blushed slightly. "It's nice to know i wasn't the only one worrying about what to wear."

"Oh no you didn't need to worry. You'd look pretty in anything."

Jaimie-mae blushed... again. It was strange but it meant so much to be getting approval from Fabian's mom.

"Thank you. You look pretty," she said shyly.

Fabian's mom was really pretty. Fabian had gotten his brown eyes from her but his dark hair from his dad. Madison was lean and an average height. But she had really good posture and walked confidently. She was still pulling off business suits and pencil skirts. But now she was wearing mom jeans and a simple blouse. 

"Thank you."

Jaimie-mae watched as the houses and trees blurred past. The rest of the car ride was silent until Madison pulled into a quiet street with simple two story houses and cute blinds. It was tucked away from the roads and seemed peaceful.

"My house is just down here," Madison said as she slowed the car down. She pulled up to the house and parked in front of the garage door before getting out and closing the door behind her. 

Jaimie-mae got out slowly and took a deep breath as she followed Madison up to the front door. Madison opened the door and waved Jaimie-mae inside. She took her shoes off at the door so Jaimie-mae did the same as she looked around.

The colors of the house were warm and homey. There were a lot of wooden things around and it gave it a kind of cabin feel. There were picture frames with really good pencil drawings and pictures of Fabian and his family. Jaimie-mae smiled to herself at how happy they looked.