Chapter 61: Childhood Bed

Don't forget about your family.

___

5 months later

"You're back!" Mason shouted as he spotted Jaimie-mae and Fabian walk in with suitcases in their hands.

"Hey little man," Fabian said after he shared hugs with his brother.

"He's not so little anymore. Looks like hes grown," she said as she pulled him into a hug.

Mason nodded excitedly. "I've grown two inches and three centimeters."

The both of them chuckled at Mason. "You'll be taller than Jaimie soon."

"My babies!" Madison shouted as she entered the room and engulfed them into a motherly hug which they eagerly returned. "Come on and have a seat. I want you to tell me all about college. How are you two?"

Once they were sat down in the living room which hadn't changed one bit, they began to catch up.

"College is good. They have pretty good extracurricular programs and the classes are pretty cool. We're always busy though with the amount of work we have," Jaimie-mae said as she glanced at Fabian who nodded in reply.

"And how are your grades?" Justin asked as he walked into the living room and placed his keys on the coffee table.

The two of them were surprised he hadn't asked about their grades in the car when he picked them up from the airport.

"They're really good actually. Our grades are good enough to want to proudly show them to eachother, soo..."

Justins face lit up and he pat Fabian on the shoulder. "Im proud of you." He looked between Jaimie-mae and Fabian. "The both of you. You've come a long way."

Fabian beamed at his dad while Jaimie-mae smiled shyly at the ground. It was a big deal for Justin to tell them he was proud. For Fabian it had always been a little bit difficult to get his approval. So the fact that he was proud of him and his girlfriend meant a lot more to him than he let on.

Jaimie-mae suddenly jumped up off the couch. "Ohmygosh. Where's Fae!?" She squealed excitedly.

Madison and Justin laughed quietly. "Your mom has her. She likes to take her sometimes because she says Fae keeps her company and reminds her of her daughter. She should be here soon because your moms coming to pick you two up."

Just as Madison finished her sentence, the doorbell rang and Justin excused himself to go answer it.

For some reason, Jaimie-mae stood frozen in the livingroom when she heard her moms voice. At the sight of her moms brown hair peaking around the wall, she snapped out of it.

"Mama!" She shouted as she ran towards her birthgiver. She collided with her mom and wrapped her arms around her tightly. "Mama, i missed you."

"I missed you too babyface. Wait... are you crying?" She pulled back and examined her daughters face. She was indeed crying. "Shh, shhh. Don't cry. Its okay."

Jaimie-mae had secretly missed her mother more than on when she had left for any business trips. She wanted to make up for any lost time between the two of them and that made her homesick.

"Where's Fae?"

"Masons bringing her in after wiping down her paws."

The sound of nails trotting on the wooden floor had Jaimie-mae pulling away from her mother and looking down at her golden retriever.