Chapter 33: Hospital Déjà Vu

"You felt familiar the moment i met you. A lovely sort of déjà vu. When we spoke or laughed or danced, i became overwhelmed by the powerful sensation that i've been here before. And when we kissed, i felt the eneregies of a thousand lives on our lips, like our souls had known one another all along."

Beau Taplin || déjà vu

___

Jaimie-mae's nerves were still on edge as she finally lifted herself up off the grass. She still felt slightly sick to her stomach and her muscles were shaking.

"Fabian?"

"Yes?" He groaned as he started to get up on his knees.

"I threw up."

Fabian chuckled and then winced. "Yeah i know. Its fine, the rain will wash it away."

Jaimie-mae nodded then went over and bent down to assist Fabian. "Can you put your arm over my shoulders?"

He nodded and slowly slung an arm over her shoulders.

"Okay, on the count of three, i'm gonna pull you up."

She counted to three and then slowly eased Fabian up off the ground. Because she was significantly shorter than him, he didn't have much of her to lean on, but he was still grateful.

"Can you walk?" She asked as she looked up at him.

"Yeah."

He began to walk but he'd hiss everytime he stepped too heavy or he breathed too deeply.

"I think i should get you to a hospital."

"Nooo," he groaned.

"Give me your phone. I'll call Malakai," she said sternly as she held out her hand.

He reluctantly passed over his phone and pouted as she scrolled through his contacts. Suddenly, his breaths became uneven and he was beginning to feel kind of dizzy.

Jaimie-mae hadn't yet noticed Fabian; who was hardly standing on his own two feet.

Just as Malakai answered, Fabian interrupted.

"Jaim, i don't feel so good," Fabian said as he held his sides and struggled to breathe.

Jaimie-mae's heart skipped a beat at the use of the nickname. She scolded herself because now was not the proper time to be squealing over a nickname from a guy she liked... a lot.

She looked over at Fabian and almost dropped the phone when she saw Fabian stumble backwards a little.

"Hellloooooo," Malakai called out from over the phone.

"M-malakai! We're at the s-secret place at the park and Fabian got b-beat up real bad, he's not doing good and i can't drive him. How fast can you get here?" She rushed out.

"I can be there in seven minutes. Wait for me and make sure he's alright."

"Oka-"

Fabian stumbled back again and Jaimie-mae screamed and rushed to his side so that he wouldn't just drop to the ground.

"Ohmygosh. Fabian!"

"Shh. It's okay. I'm just feeling a little light headed. Don't worry," he shushed quietly.

"Here. Sit down." Jaimie-mae slowly eased him back down onto the grass and then scrambled over to her school backpack. She pulled out a bottle of water she had then rushed over to Fabian with it.