Chapter 47: Late Night Date

You have this incredible way of making my heart happy

___

The whole day, Fabian was antsy and excited for when Jaimie-mae would finally text him. He could hardly keep still and the anticipation was killing him.

Fabian had never really taken a girl on a date, let alone been taken out on a date by the girl before. Both of these things were new. But a good kind of new.

When the time said eight o'clock and Jaimie-mae hadn't texted him he suspected she was running late.

When the time said ten o'clock and Jaimie-mae still hadn't texted him, he began to wonder if she meant another day.

When the time said twelve o'clock in the morning he was beyond worried and had texted her nine times and called her four.

However, at exactly twelve thirty am a text lit up his phone.

I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to make you worried. I needed my phone charged for this date. Come outside

Fabian grabbed his backpack and slipped out of the house quietly so no one would hear him leave. When he stepped out he saw Jaimie-mae's mother's white car pulled to the side so he walked over to it and opened the passenger side door.

When he got in, he looked over at Jaimie-mae who had a huge beautiful white smile on her face. Her hair was put into two loose french braids and she wore comfortable clothing. Her mother must have did them for her.

"Hey Jaimie." He leaned over and pecked her lips before sitting back and buckling himself in.

"Hey Faby," she replied as she started the car and put it into drive.

"It is so weird to see you driving now," he commented. "I'm proud of you."

She giggled and drove off of his street. "Thank you."

"Why are we going on a date at twelve thirty in the morning?"

"Because everyone seems to think the meaning of a date is to take your other half to a dinner. But we're not like them, so we are doing something different."

A smile lit up on his face. "This is why i love you." He reached over and placed his hand on her thigh and gave it a gentle squeeze.

She laughed. "Stop that tickles."

He pulled his hand back. "Sorry. We are we going?"

"Some place," she said with a smirk.

He nodded. "Oh cool," he said sarcastically.

The two of them sat in silence until Jaimie-mae turned and drove into a narrow road that was going slightly down hill. When she got futher down the headlights lit up what looked like sand.

She slowed down the car then came to a complete stop and pulled up the brake. "We're here."

Fabian watched as she got out of the car and went round to the trunk and opened it. He got out and closed his door before going round and watching Jaimie-mae.

She pulled out a duffel bag and threw it over her shoulder before closing the trunk back and locking the car.

"Do you want me to carry the bag?" He asked as he reached for it.