Chapter 40: Family

Family aren't always people that are related to you by blood. Family are the people who want you there with them and will be there for you. They're the people that truly know you. They're the people that care. 

-EthrealShadow

P.S (I actually wrote that. That's what I think family is ^^)

___

Jaimie-mae hopped off the bus and slung her backpack over one shoulder.

She was getting excited because she was seeing Fabian one day earlier than they had originally planned.

She walked down the small hill towards his house and laughed when she saw Fabian literally skipping towards her from his driveway.

She ran down to meet him halfway and he immediately grabbed her and threw her over his shoulder when she reached him.

She squealed loudly. "Hi Faby," she gasped out.

"Hey Jaimie," he said with a grin. She couldn't see it, but she could hear it.

She giggled the whole way to the house and when they got inside he gently placed her down on the welcome mat.

He slipped off his shoes and she did the same and then followed him into the kitchen like a little puppy.

He walked around the island and sat down on the stool with a smile on his face.

Jaimie-mae looked at him with a smile. He was literally radiating an excitement of some kind.

She went over to the fridge and looked through it, then she went through the pantry.

"What did you guys feel like eating," she asked as she bent down to look at some of the stuff in the pantry.

When she got no reply, she turned around. "Fabian?"

His eyes snapped up to her face and she furrowed her eyebrows.

"Huh?" He asked, slightly still in a daze.

"What did you feel like eating?"

"Um, i don't know. I was just in the mood for some of your cooking. It doesn't really matter. What do you want to eat?"

"Ummm... maybe i can make some chicken fajitas."

"Cool. We might have to go to the grocery store though."

"Thats fine. You have a car. Let's go."

He laughed and got up from the stool. "Okay."

***

Jaimie-mae grabbed the chicken and placed it in her basket.

Fabian came around the corner with a basket filled with foods that weren't meant for fajitas.

"Faby, what is all of that?" Jaimie-mae asked with a smile.

"Remind me not to come grocery shopping when i'm hungry."

She giggled and shook her head. "Put those back and just grab one snack. I'll make some extra stuff for later."

He grinned at her. "Your literally my favorite. Be right back." He dashed around the corner and then came back with just a bag of Milano cookies.

"I need some lettuce," she said as she read off the list on her phone.

"Okay." He went over and grabbed a bag of lettuce and placed it into the basket. "What else?"

"Cheddar cheese."

He pulled her along to the dairy products and scanned the different cheeses.

Jaimie-mae looked up from her phone while she was waiting for Fabian to choose a cheese and had to hold in a gasp at what she saw.