Chapter 32: Park Beating

"I'll protect you."

"Fabian, don't look directly at them, but i think that jeep back there is following us," Jaimie-mae said quietly like the car behind them would hear her.

Fabian quickly flicked his gaze into the rear-view mirror and furrowed his eyebrows. "I don't see a jeep."

She laughed nervously. "Oh, my bad. It looked like it was because they were turning the same roads as us for a while."

Fabian laughed. "That's weird."

The rest of the car ride was silent until they pulled up to the park and he grabbed his backpack from the backseat. "Stay there."

He quickly ran around the car and opened the door for Jaimie-mae, holding out his hand for her to get out.

When he grabbed her hand, he placed a small kiss on the back of it and said "My lady."

Jaimie-mae giggled as she hopped out of the car

Jaimie-mae giggled as she hopped out of the car. She curtsied playfully and he bowed before closing the door and locking the car behind him.

Once they found a shaded spot to sit, Fabian pulled out some art materials and passed them over to Jaimie-mae and then took out a few of his own along with a bag of Milano cookies and Cheez-its.

Fabian chuckled when he saw Jaimie-mae eyeing the Milanos  and he couldn't help but think just how cute she was.

He slowly, teasingly, took out a cookie and held it up between them. "Would you like one?"

Jaimie-mae nodded vigorously. "Yes please."

His smile widened as he pulled back the cookie and raised his hand up. "You can have it if you can reach it."

Jaimie-mae got up onto her knees and reached for the cookie, barely brushing it with the tips of her fingers before he pulled it back and ate the whole thing in one bite.

She looked at him wide eyed and huffed. "Nooo, that's no fair. You get one cookie... while i get the whole bag." Slowly a smirk replaced the pout on her face.

Fabian looked at her curiously. "What do you m-"

Jaimie-mae held up the whole bag of Milano cookies and waved them around in the air.

Fabian gasped. "You sneaky little-"

He immediately tackled her for the cookies and she fell backwards into the grass in laughter, clutching the bag of cookies to her chest. He tickled her until he noticed her grip on the cookies had loosened.

He was about to snatch them away, but he was suddenly thrown off of her and onto a patch of dirt where grass had so generously decided not to grow and helpfully break his fall.

He rubbed his side as he looked up in confusion. However, the confusion quickly turned into anger when he saw who it was. "Nicah, what the hell are you doing here? I already told you, i ain't tryna be apart of your gang!"