Chapter 28: Fabian To The Rescue

"And if i could tell you one thing
it would be
You are never as broken as you think you are.
Sure, you have a couple of scars and a couple of bad memories, but then again; all great hero's do."

Fabian and Malakai glared at the boy and if looks could kill, he would have spontaneously combusted right there in front of them.

Jaimie-mae's shivers and chattering teeth increased as she tried to lift herself off the ground. The cold air seeped right through to her bones and her muscles tightened up almost painfully.

"Don't come near Jaimie-mae again or i will punch you so hard your future children will be able to feel it," Fabian growled.

He pushed past the boy and stormed up to Flora who was sitting in the car whining about the blood on her blouse, which most likely wasn't even hers because Jaimie-mae made sure not to punch her that hard.

"Stop texting me! Do i have to spell it out for you?" Fabian asked Flora lowly.

Flora looked at him with wide eyes like she couldn't beleive what he was saying.

"Fine, i'll spell it out for you. F-u-c-k off! I don't hit girls but if you ever hurt Jaimie-mae again, i'll make an exception," he threatened.

Malakai rushed over to Jaimie-mae and slowly helped up her shivering figure.

Fabian was about to pummel the boy into the ground but Malakai stopped him.

"Yo man. Your girl is gonna freeze to death out here. You can beat him later."

Fabian turned his attention to Jaimie-mae and almost immediately his face softened. But that was erased when worry was etched into his face instead.

He made it over in no less than four long strides and he took hold of Jaimie-mae by her shoulders. He rubbed his large hands over her arms to warm her up.

"Jaimie, why are you so wet?"

Malakai laughed. "Pfff, that sounded so wrong."

Fabian glared at him. "Can you drive my car for me, i'll drop you back to yours afterwards."

"Yeah no problem."

Malakai ran over to the drivers seat of Fabian's car and hopped in, shutting the door behind him.

Fabian stooped down so that he could look into her eyes. "Are you okay?"

"Y-y-yess," she managed to chatter out.

He shook his head and easily picked up her up off the ground. He carried her over to his car and put her in the back seat, climbing in afterwards.

She winced when he tried to move her over. There was a bruise forming on her hip from when she hit the ground

"Sorry," he said quietly.

She nodded instead of speaking and curled up to keep any heat she had left in her body.

"Malakai turn on the heat."

"Kay."

The heat was switched on and immediately a warm rush of air swept over her. It did nothing to stop her shivering though because she was still in her wet clothes.

Fabian put his hands on her shoulders gently and slowly slipped her jacket off her shoulders.

"Malakai, drive to my house."

"N-n-no please. I-it's my moms last day at t-the house. She goes a-away tomorrow o-on business for a w-w-week. I need to go h-home," Jaimie-mae pleaded through shivers.