Chapter 9: Busted

"You'll be okay."

"Oh my gosh, Justin, look at them. They are so cute." 

Fabian shifted slightly in the bed. He heard slightly fuzzy voices in his head but he didn't feel like opening his eyes to investigate.

"Mason, pass me my phone so i can take a picture. Quickly."

Fabian groaned quietly when he realized it was the voice of his mom fangirling over something. He heard a click of a camera, so he slowly eased open his eyes. He could have almost rolled his eyes at the sight of his family smiling brightly down at him beside 'his bed'. 

That's when he noticed what his mom was squealing over. He turned his head to the right and looked down at the small girl beside him. He half cringed, half smiled when he realized he had a Jaimie-mae tucked into his side.

His good arm was trapped under her small torso. It didn't hurt but he knew it would be numb from her sleeping on it. It was weird to him; having someone else make his arm go numb instead of his own body cutting off it's own circulation. Somehow, it was better.

He turned back to his family and ruffled his hair with his gauzed arm. "Morning guys."

His dad and his little brother smirked at him.

"I didn't know you were moving rooms again," his dad said smugly.

"I di-" Fabian tried to explain but he was immediately cut off.

"Is this her?" his mom asked with a knowing smile.

Fabian knew he didn't need to answer that question. She already knew.

"I thought you said you didn't know her like that and here you guys are already sleeping in the same bed," his dad said with a teasing smirk.

"Dad," he grumbled.

Fabian could feel Jaimie-mae waking up beside him. 

"Don't freak her out when she wakes up, please," he warned his family.

Fabian looked down at Jaimie-mae as she let out a cute muffled yawn into his side. She cracked open her eyes and then they widened when she realized where she was sleeping.

"Morning," Fabian said with a smile.

He immediately noticed her cheeks flame up into a blush. He had to restrain himself from reaching out and sweeping the stray waves of brown hair that hung in front of her face.

"Morning," she said in a soft hoarse voice.

She sat up but as quickly as she was up, she had squealed and sank back down, hiding behind Fabian's broad shoulders. Fabian tried to ignore the fact that Jaimie-mae's hands on his back made him feel good.

"Are they your...?"

"Yup, those are my wonderful parents and my little brother."

She slowly sat up and looked at his family. "Sorry. That was rude of me. Hi, im Jaimie-mae," she said with a closed-mouthed smile.

"She's so polite," Madison said quietly to her husband. 

He completely agreed with her. "Indeed she is darling," he whispered back.

They were both obviously a little surprised. The girls Fabian usually hung out with were never as quiet, cute or polite. They were usually loud, taller and more... serious. It was a big difference.

"Mom. Dad," Fabian grumbled. "Say something."

His parents immediately put on bright smiles.

"Hi, lovely. Its nice to finally meet you. My name's Madison." Jaimie-mae waved to her.

"I'm Justin. It's nice to finally meet the girl my son's been talking about."

Fabian shook his head slightly. He wasn't embarressed really. It was true, he had been talking about her. But he knew Jaimie-mae was blushing.

Jaimie-mae waved again then directed her gaze to the little boy shuffling around on his feet, looking intently at her. She smiled and waved to him and he immediatley began blushing.

Fabian chuckled. "Say hi, little man."

"Hi," he said shyly.

"Come on. I know she's pretty, but you're never really this shy. Try again."

Jaimie-mae smiled at how kind Fabian was to his family. She couldn't help the adoration she began to hold for him. The adoration almost overruled the fact that he called her pretty... in front of his family. However, a blush still found its way onto her cheeks.

"Hi, my name's Mason."

"Hi Mason. It's nice to meet you."

Fabian grinned at the girl beside him. He was actually somewhat happy he got hit by that car. It hurt a lot, but it was worth it, in a crazy way. If he didn't, he probably would have never met Jaimie-mae and his parents wouldn't have those proud smiles on their faces at the moment.

Even though he had a good relationship with his parents, he hardly ever saw those proud looks, especially from his dad. He was sort of a troublesome kid sometimes.

"We came to pick you up. You're supposed to be coming home today."

Fabian pumped his fist into the air. "Yesss, finally!"

"Did my son tell you that we would like to have you over for dinner?" Justin asked.

"Yes sir," Jaimie-mae said with a small nod.

"No no no. You can use me and Madison's names. I want to thank you for helping my son. Did you know who he was at the time?"

"No. I didn't."

"Wow. You are such a brave girl," Madison complimented.

A knock at the door interrupted any further compliments from Fabian's family, which Jaimie-mae was slightly grateful for. "Good morning. Sorry if I'm interrupting. I came to check on Jaimie-mae."

"Jaimie-mae?" both of Fabian's parents said simultaneously.

"Hi Fabian."

"Hi Mel," Fabian said as he began to move off of the bed.

"I came to check on Jaimie-mae earlier this morning and i saw you two cuddling. I just couldn't bring myself to move you back. It was so adorable."

Both Fabian and Jaimie-mae groaned and everyone else chuckled.

"How's your head feeling? You hit it pretty hard yesterday during your panic attack."

"Ugh... fine."

Fabian noticed his parents looking at Jaimie-mae and then they sent him questioning looks. 

'Not now,' he mouthed.

Jaimie-mae must have noticed Fabian's parents looking at her because her breathing sped up slightly. He knew she didn't want his parents to know about what happened, so he shooed his them out. 

They silently left the room but his mom came back to grab Mason after he stayed there standing awkwardly in the room.

"Fabian, I'm going to have to ask you to step out. You should go to your room and collect your stuff," Nurse Melody said as she shuffled over to Jaimie-mae.

"Okay." 

Fabian grabbed his crutches and began to walk out. Before he left he sent Jaimie-mae an encouraging smile.

'She's going to be okay,' he told himself.