Chapter 54: Attention Seeker

Talk about it. Talk to me.

___

"Pay attention to me."

"Really, stop Fabian. You're distracting me," Jaimie-mae said as she swatted away his hand.

He huffed and poked her side childishly. "Please."

Jaimie-mae shook her head in disbelief. Fabian had been wanting her attention all afternoon but she had been busy with looking for a summer job so that she could help pay for part of the apartment.

Both of them got accepted into the college nine hours away so they knew that they would for sure be living together. They were in love, why wouldn't they?

Jaimie-mae had lost her job at the Garden Corner because she had missed so many days due to her PTSD. She understood why they had to let her go and found a new waitress, although sometimes when her waiter friend Ryan would see her; he'd complain about how much they needed her back. She was an excellent worker and because she was so pretty they'd bring in more customers. Jaimie-mae didn't think it was true but apparently it was.

Fabian had been wanting her to pay attention to him for about four and a half hours now because he was 'bored and being deprived of her kisses'.

"Please Jaimie. You can look for a job later. I can cover the apartment."

"But i want to help," she said, not taking her eyes off of her laptop screen.

"Jaimieee," he whined. He tried to give her kisses but she just pushed his head away.

"Fae," she called out for her dog and clicked her tongue.

Fae came trotting into the room, much bigger than when she first got her four months ago. She cocked her head to the side as she looked up at Jaimie-mae.

"Fabian wants cuddles," she said as she pat the couch beside Fabian.

Fae hopped up and sat beside Fabian as if she understood what Jaimie-mae just said. He tried to have an attitude but he couldn't when his two girls were so cute.

"Oo, how about... nevermind," Jaimie-mae muttered as she scrolled down again.

"Jaimie please. We can go upstairs and do something. You can come back to that," he pleaded as he pet Fae's head.

She shook her head determinedly. If he acted any more adorable her determination would dwindle and she'd give into his pleading. She needed to get him away.

"Don't you have friends or something to keep you entertained?"

"Yes. But none of them are as cool as you. And to be honest, im feeling kinda..." he trailed off.

She looked at him for a second and then looked back at the screen. "Kinda?"

"Um... turned on."

Jaimie-mae gasped. "What?" She choked out. "Why?"

"Because my girlfriend is fine."

She looked at him blankly. "Im wearing a t-shirt and shorts and my hair is in messy french braids."

"Yeah, but you can pull off literally anything," he said with a smile. "And your shorts are rising up," he said huskily as he trailed his fingertips up her legs.

She shivered and tried to push his hand away. She wanted to hit herself for being so reactive to his gentle touch. She loved the way he touched her, the way he made her feel.

But she wanted to help and she would.

"Fabian i would love to do something with you, but let me finish what i started."