Chapter 12: Heart to Heart Talks

"I have late night conversations with the moon, he tells me about the sun and i tell him about you."

-S.L Gray

Italics = Jaimie-mae

Bold = Fabian

___

Jaimie-mae came back from school and immediately her not so good mood was immediately improved because she came home to her mom sitting on the couch; a day early, just like she promised.

She tackled her mom into a hug and her mom cradled her head to her chest telling her how much she had missed her daughter while she was out on her business trip. That night they had sat on the couch and watched old cartoons together with microwaved popcorn and a bag of chocolate Maltesers which they poured into the popcorn after it cooled down.

After their eyes began to get tired of television, they resorted to talking about their week.

"I got a lot of work completed while i was away," Jazmyn said happily to her daughter.

"That's good. Fabian's parents invited me to dinner."

"Really. Well, i would like to meet them before you go for dinner with them."

She was about to protest but she realized it was just her mother looking out for her. "That's fair. But they are a nice family. Fabian has a mom and a... dad and a cute little brother. I think he's about six."

"That's nice. He seems like he has a really nice family. I'm really sorry that your dad isn't around for you."

Jaimie-mae knew her mom felt guilty about that but it didn't really bother her. She was used to it. She had Fabian and his dad to help her with whatever dads did now. They'd help her, she knew it.

"No no. Mom. It's okay. It doesn't bother me, I just want you to be happy. Besides i've got a mom, what more could i possibly need?"

Jazmyn smiled at her daughter and kissed her cheek. "Thank you baby face. You are just too sweet." She stood up from the couch "I'm going to go get a shower. Do you want me to order you some food or something?"

"No thanks."

"Okay." She gave her one last smile than walked out of the living room.

Truthfully, ever since her recent panic attacks she'd been losing her appetite and hadn't really thought much of food. The thought of a full meal made her feel slightly sick to her stomach. She loved to eat but when she wasn't doing the best, her appetite was taken away from her.

Jaimie-mae knew she had to eat something. So she grabbed a few strawberries, washed them off and took them into her room. Afterwards, she did a bit of homework, took a shower then fell into a dreamless sleep.

***

Jaimie-mae woke up to her first texts from Fabian.

Goodmorning

Sorry. I didn't get to text you the details last night. My brother wanted me to play video games, i really thought he broke something.

Morning. Its cool😊

I kinda don't like texting you

Oh, why's that?

I don't get to hear your pretty voice