Chapter 43: Acceptance

PUPPY LOVE

___

Fabian and Jaimie-mae entered his house quietly. Fae was sitting peacefully in Jaimie-mae's arm, her eyes were wide with curiosity and her tongue hung out of her mouth as she took in the new enviroment.

"Oh my gosh, cuteness overload," Jaimie-mae squealed as she set her puppy down. "Fabian, i'm so happy right now that i could cry and laugh at the same time. How am i ever gonna make this up to you?"

He laughed quietly. "You could stay with me forever."

"Deal," she said immediately as she pulled on one of his hands and placed a kiss on his knuckles.

Fabian realized that making her smile was one of the best feelings he could get. Having something to do with her smile made his heart feel overwhelmed with this bright happiness. It made him feel good.

Fae barked and stood at Jaimie-mae's feet protectively when footsteps started descending down the stairs. It wasn't the most threatening bark, but it was cute and Jaimie-mae covered her giggle.

"Fabian? What's that?" Mason called out as descended the stairs. When he saw the little fluff ball at Jaimie-mae's feet, his face lit up and he came running towards them.

Fae barked and ran around in circles.

"You got a puppy!?" Mason asked excitedly.

Jaimie-mae grinned. "Yup."

"What's her name?"

"Her name is Fae. Isn't she cute?" She looked up at Fabian with a pretty smile and he just gazed back at her in a daze.

"Yeah she is," Fabian said fondly. It was obvious he wasn't really talking about the dog.

"Can i hold her?" Mason asked as he pet Fae and rubbed her belly.

"Sure."

Mason picked up Fae and exited the room to go play with her.

The whole day, Jaimie-mae's smile never left her face. Her blue eyes were bright and lively. Fabian was super excited and a little cocky because he knew he was part of the reason she was in such a good mood.

***

They were relaxing on his bed with Fae between them when Jaimie-mae called up one of her friends using a video chat.

"Hey Kacey!" Jaimie-mae was practically bouncing on the bed from excitement.

"Hey Jaimie! We were worried about you when you didn't come to school. But by the smile on your face we obviously have nothing to worry about."

Jaimie-mae laughed.

"Let me guess what happened."

"You're not gonna be able to guess."

"Yes i will. Let me see... that cutie Fabian asked you to be his girlfriend."

Fabian smirked beside Jaimie-mae, staying silent so that Kacey didn't know he was there. He listened carefully as he stroked Fae's soft fur.

"How'd you know that?"

"The smile on your face is a dead give away. And Bella has been hinting at it for a while. She's been getting secret insider information from Malakai."

Jaimie-mae glanced subtly at Fabian out of the corner of her eye and gave him a 'you did not just tell your friend all about us' type of way.

"Okay well, what else is there? Since you're so good at guessing."