Chapter 34: Guilt and Regret

Its 3 am

And i lay awake questioning myself

How things would have turned out

If that one thing didn't happen

Thinking about things i should have said

Or things i shouldn't

And i can't help it

I can't stop it

___

Jaimie-mae was curled up in, what seemed like a very awkward position to Fabian, on a chair against his bed. Not once did she complain and so neither did he. They were talking and playfully arguing with each other to pass the time.

Not once did Jaimie-mae seem bored and leave his side. She was always... there.

"Hey Jaimie?"

"Yeah."

"You still haven't come up with a nickname for me yet."

"I'm not good with nicknames."

"But your good with mines."

"How would you know that. I haven't used one yet."

"Make up something unique. Something only you will call me, so that when I hear it, I know it's just you."

Jaimie-mae smiled to herself. "Okay how about... Fabian the freak?" She asked playfully.

He gasped and then winced. "That hurt more than my ribs do right now."

She laughed lightly. "Sorry. How about... F.S?"

"Nah, that's my secret agent name."

She giggled a beautiful sound that rang through the room, lighting up the dull area. "Oh. What agency do you work for?"

"It wouldn't be a secret if i told you then, would it?"

She shook her head.

"Well i'm going to make an exception. There's an agency somewhere. And I work alongside this wonderful person. The persons agent name is J.C."

"Woah cool. Would I happen to know this agent?"

"I think you would."

She sat up excitedly. "Oh. Well is it Jackie Chan?"

Fabian immediately burst out laughing and then winced painfully, holding onto his sides to stop all of his laughter.

"No stupid. It's Jaimie-mae Cole."

"Ohhh, I should have known. Well, what do the agents do?"

"They go on missions together and help each other out."

"Oh, cool. I like that."

"Yeah me too. J.C and F.S against the world."

Jaimie-mae liked the way he told her his ideas and his stories. He was so enthusiastic about it. The handsome smile never leaving his slightly bruised face.

"You know how you call me Jaimie-baby?" Jaimie-mae cringed when she heard it come out of her own mouth. She only liked hearing it come from Fabian. It sounded normal.

He nodded. "Yeah."

"Well maybe I should call you Faby. Its a mix," she said with a cute, proud smile.