Prologue: Back Story

*Before you start my book I just want to say this chapter is a backstory to elementals. It is not about the summary of the book, but is related to the main plot. I mention this and a little more at the end of the chapter. So I really hope you give my book a chance before you stop reading because it is different from the summary. Thanks and I hope you enjoy it.
***

A long time ago, everyone in the world lived in peace. Until one day, something new was discovered. This discovery was a new form of humans that were created to help serve the planet. They were called Elementals and these people were gifted with unique powers. There were many different types of Elementals, each with a different elemental power. But before they were born their power had to come from somewhere, and that power was from their parents.

The story that people go by is that there was once a woman named Luna and a man named Ethos. Both born with a power no one understood and while they never met, Luna knew about Ethos. The power they were born with was amazing and different, elemental they called it. No one knew except their spouses they later married who found out because of their children. Both Luna and Ethos were destined to have eight children each and each of their children would possess one of the elementals out of the eight the two possessed. Luna and Ethos eventually die like any other person and their significant other but their children live on and eventually find each other. Each had another. Each of them had a perfect match, or also know as a soulmate, and the way it was showed was by an amulet and a mark on their body. The mark looked like a flame and the flame was the color of their soulmates elemental. The girl had hers on her back right behind her heart and the guy had his on his chest right in front of his heart. The powers also had an amulet that the girl would wear and this power enabled more elementals like them to be born around the world.

The original sixteen were born and once they hit a certain age they would be that age forever or more commonly known as being immortal. They were born immortal so they could wear the amulets and allow more elementals around the world to be born like them. Being immortal though doesn't make them indestructible. If they do die their necklaces will be passed onto the other original and if they died then it would be stored away until it connected to someone new but even then it's unknown if anymore of those elementals can be born. That someone new though would be one of the five combines. The only way for a combine to be born is if at least one of each original elementals die. Once the last one dies it'll allow a firstborn combine to be born at the exact time they die. This is because elementals were born to help the world not go extinct once the originals were killed. But there's more to the originals before you learn about the firstborn combine.

The first two main powers were the Light and Dark elementals. In the past, both groups were enemies and always wanted to be at the top. The Lights − as they called them − were the good of the world trying to help humanity. But the Darks, they were the evil, destructive beings that only existed to accel the world's trife and disasters. They weren't the only existing elementals. There were other ones known as the Golds, Natures, Storms, Waters, Fires, and Animal forms.

The Golds were also one of the bigger elementals but they were never able to overpower the Light's and the Darks. They were known as the healers of the world.

The Natures were the next biggest elemental. People called them mother nature, which is how that whole legend started. But anyway, they would take care of the plants and animals of the world and keep it healthy and in peace.

The Storms were next and many were afraid of them. They were able to control the weather and many said if you angered them they would wash away your homes and towns with a rainstorm that would last days on end.