Chapter 38: The Deaths Of My Past

When the cloud disappears we appear in a backyard. My old back yard. All of a sudden we hear someone talking.

"Zack, I think it's time you guys left." I turn to see my father and I can't help, but let a tear fall.

"How long did you think you were going to keep this a secret." And there is Zack. As the whole thing happens again Bridget and I just stand off to the side watching because they can't see us. We aren't apart of their world, we're only viewing you could say. "I'm surprised you guys aren't too shocked at this, unless they didn't hide it from you because you guys have a combine of your own." Zack is pointing around and then I see it, or should I say her. My mom, and this time I have to really hold back the tears.

"Let us explain why we didn't tell you, we just wanted her to be safe and..."

"And have her not get hurt or have people try to use her for power I understand Miranda. You know you had a right to not tell me because now I'm not going to stop until I get her. Life can finally be how it should've been, with Darks ruling the world." Zack is as mean and pissed as always.

"Zack no, you can't be serious. Taking a little girl and trying to make her help you rule the world I can't let you do that and throw away all the work you've accomplished as a good man." I feel Bridget stiffen next to me as she hears her mom talk again for the first time in a long time. I wonder if she even remembers her mother's voice because we were all so young.

"Ha, a good man please that was just an act for the people, but now that I have a true prize that will win me the world, I will throw that act away and become as bad as I want."

"You're going to have to go through us first." Mom was always so strong and brave and would have done anything for us. God I miss her so much.

"Fine this is going to be easy." And at this moment everything happened. Zack threw the ball of darkness and instead of hitting everyone else it hit Brooke killing her.

Everything around us kept going on, but we're both silent.

"Bridget I know this is hard and I understand if you're mad at me and stuff, but I'm sorry, you had to know." At first she doesn't answer me, but when she did it was barely audible. "I'm sorry I couldn't hear you could you repeat that."

"Don't be sorry. And I'm not mad at you. You showed me the truth and I made my decision." She turns to look at me and her cheeks are red and puffy and so are her eyelids from crying. "If you'll have me I'll like to join you all."

"Of course." Be both smile and I bring her into a hug. Everything around us starts to get blurry and I move away from her.

"What's going on?" Her confusion wasn't unexpected because I'm confused too. I have no clue what is going on until we appear in Jackson's backyard. "Are we back in the normal world?" I look around wanting to answer her saying yes, but then realized if we were in the normal world we would be back at Zack's because I didn't choose a destination and it should be dark out.

"No, if we were we would be back at Zack's in the cage. I have no idea where we are." Then I hear them.

"Not it." I whip around looking to the back corner under the tree and see the boy from my nightmare, or Jackson? Was there with...

"Not it!" Tyler? But they are kids. They go running inside and leave the girl there. The girl was... me?

"Hey that's so not fair!" Us as kids. It's so cute to see.

"What's not fair." Both Bridget and I turn to see him standing there. I look back to little me whose eyes get wide.

"Get away from her!" We turn again to see William, Jackson's dad, coming outside the house.