Chapter 43: My Sister

Raven

We make it back to the agency, but before anyone can say or do anything I run into another room and lock myself in. I can't deal with their questions and staring right now, I just need time to find myself again. So much has happened and it's only been about two weeks. In the span of those two weeks I've nearly been or have been killed, I don't even know at this point. Shot at and been shot, chased down, been in multiple fights, taken, thrown into walls and across counters. The list could probably go on, but I guess it wasn't just bad, I also found Jackson, Tyler and everyone else again, I got my memory back, I'm able to sing and dance and do everything I love, and I've made friends along the way. And then there is still something that is more important than all of that. I can't get what he said out of my head.

(Flashback)

"Rae you don't want to do this. You don't know what's at stake and what you're losing." He is begging for his life as I strangle him while having him suspended in air.

"What I'm losing! I've lost enough already due to you so now I'm done, I'm going to finish what my parents started, what I was meant to do." Nothing until this moment seemed right.

"You sure? If you kill me you're losing another member of your family." My grip loosens. It's harder for him to talk as my grip kept getting tighter, but I want to hear what he has to say.

"What are you talking about?"

"Your sister." It comes out so fast I can't even process it. I didn't realized my energy had taken over until I realize what I'm doing. I died or almost did and my anger took control of me and my energy came out. But my sister, what does she have to do with this? I had somehow had the will to let him go.

He gets up and comes close to me, "You have two options. One, come to the designated place at five o'clock and I'll let your sister free by trading you. Or you don't come and then she dies. Also no one can come or follow you or I will not hesitate to kill her and I'll make sure it's in front of you. I must go now. Hope to see you soon." He disappears in a cloud of darkness and I still can't process it. Abby died, or I thought he killed her unless he's lying or actually never did. Bridget runs up to me and starts to hug me, but I can't think about her or anyone else right now.

The room comes back into view around me and I guess I managed to make it to the little bed or cot thing in the room. Looking at the clock it reads four thirty. Something buzzes in my pocket, opening it there was an address with the message- alone, five o'clock.

A long time ago mom had me promise something very important and I gave her that promise.

"Rae I want you to have this." She takes off her necklace and puts it around my neck.

"But mom I can't, this is yours and you wear it all the time. What if it breaks and-"

"Rae it's ok. It's meant for you, it's always been and now it's your time to take it. You'll be ok, but I need you to promise me one thing." I look up at her and shake my head yes. "No matter what happens you'll watch out for the people you love, especially your sister. She's not like you guys and is going to need you in case anything happens." Tears start to run down my face and she pulls me into a hug. "It'll be ok." Pulling away she comes down onto her knees bringing me with her. "Just remember whenever you need me I'll be right here." She points towards my heart. I smile back then point to the spot where her mark is on my shoulder and the necklace.

"Here and here too." She smiles back and wipes away a tear.

"Never forget us. Your love is your strongest weapon. No matter how much power you possess the people around you and their love is the strongest thing that can ever help you fight and make decisions. Love can do a lot. Never forget who you are inside, even if people don't agree with your decisions do what's best for you and the people around you because then you'll survive and make it in this messed up world. Do you promise me you'll follow this and take this into consideration when you're older?"