Chapter 30: Shattered Heart

Raven

I can't believe him! First he chases me into the auditorium. Then won't stop pestering me about what happened. I think what kills me the most is he finally showed his true colors. Why did I fall for him? Wait I know, it's because he was, no still is the perfect guy even as an ass. I saw the pain in his face too. I know somethings he said he didn't mean, but they came out which means subconsciously he meant them. Walking out of the auditorium on my way to the office I start to feel a few tears fall down my cheeks. Wow, I never cry unless it's huge. I've cried and felt so much pain too much in my life I just can't do it anymore. Well until now.

Today a piece of me broke. My heart shattered into a million pieces and fell down to the ground. I don't know why I feel like this, but I do. It's because of this stupid mark on my back and the feelings it creates when I'm around him. I wonder if he ever feels them too. You know what I need to stop this. He doesn't deserve to see me cry or feel my pain. He doesn't deserve a piece of my broken heart. He deserves to stand there and see me walk away. See what he has caused and feel his own kind of pain.

My shattered heart will stay broken and stay like that until I'm gone. Or until I can feel the happiness I felt before. I don't know though, if I could ever feel that happiness with anyone, but him for some reason. The happiness where time seems to freeze and it's just me and him. No one else, but the two of us. His eyes staring into mine and everything finally feels at peace. The tingling in my back telling me I'm happy and I'll be safe with him. It will feel like the balance in the world has returned to me almost like nothing ever happened before.

But that will never happen. I will get destroyed because I let my emotions take over my true duty to this world. I will let love and broken hearts tower over the real threats and the real important things in my life. Even if it seems stupid, without love and without those emotions we aren't human. We can't function properly because we will all be the same. Then again, I'm not human. Or at least I'm not fully human. Which separates me from him and everyone else in the world that's human. But it goes further than that. Everyone like me is different from humans. We all possess this power that could destroy the world. The others though, all have something in common being a Light or a Dark. I'm one of a kind with no one else in my world or any world truly exactly like me and my power. Because of that if I mess up we all die. If I fall, we all fall.

I had somehow made it to the hallway lost in my thoughts when a man comes up to me.

"Um excuse me. If you don't mind pointing me towards the office." He seems nervous like he just wants to get in and out.

"Yeah, I'm actually heading that way now. Are you here to pick someone up." Let's see what this guy wants. Maybe it'll distract me.

"Oh good I'll follow you then. And yes I'm here to pick up my umm- niece. Yes my niece." He's lying. Who wouldn't know if they are picking up their niece or family member.

"If you don't mind me asking who's your niece?" We start to walk when he answers..

"Oh you wouldn't know her. She's new."

"I probably do. I know everyone here. I can help you find her." When I say that a smile appears on his face. What game is he playing here? He stops to face me.

"Well that would be kind of you. Make this easier because we have to be somewhere. Her name is Rae." My heart stops. What other new kid named Rae is here. Who is this guy and where do we have to be?

"Oh Rae. Wait I've recently talked to her and she said she didn't have any other family besides her parents." Wonder how far I can get by lying to see if he'll leave.

"You must be thinking of someone else then. I'm indeed Rae's uncle."

"No you can't be. And I know who I'm talking about so whoever you are I would leave before I call for help."