Chapter 3: Playground Visits

About seven years after everything happened is when more trouble had arisen. Tyler, Jackson, and I were all ten years old and we had definitely matured more in our elementals.

"So what would you do if I happened to hit you in the head with a ball of Light?"

I'm joking around as I look at Jackson while spinning my fingers forming and bending light around them.

"You mean almost like a snowball fight with elementals." He gives a look that says, "What are you up to?"

"Yeah I guess but of course we don't have to, I wouldn't want you to lose any pride by saying you lost to a girl." I tempt him and wander off knowing he would never back down on a fight.

"You're on!" He throws the first one towards me while my back was to him.

Of course with my agility and special elemental qualities I dodge it and run at him. He throws more, but can't keep up with my bobbing and weaving until I throw one at him when he was off guard. I hit him right in the face and he stumbles backward giving me enough time to tackle him and pin him to the ground.

"Fine you win, Now GET OFF ME!" He tries escaping but just squirms under my grip.

"I will, if you'll sing with me." I give him this big smile that he never could resist.

Singing was our thing. Our mothers loved to sing and dance. They taught us from a young age how to play instruments and sing. Jackson, Tyler and I were instantly drawn to it so now it's one of our things we all do with each other.

"Really all of this was so we can sing together, you know I will always say yes." 

Sometimes we forget how old we all really are. Are parents have taught us so much since we were born. Like writing music or reading books with more than 200 pages. Wait Jackson is still talking. "But did we really have to go through this whole thing?" He questions me as I move off him which gives him enough leeway to turn me onto my back and pin me to the ground.

"Now who has the upper hand." He teases me, which I hate, as he gazes down at my surprised face.

"It seems like the student has learned from the master, you got guts kid but hey that's what I love about you." Tyler walks outside just as I say that to see what we're doing.

"Ugh, will you two just give in already. You know you're soulmates but you act like the other still has cooties." Tyler whines as he comes over and helps us up.

Even though we're destined to be together we're still so young and are best friends. Love that's more than love for a friend seems too weird right now. Especially since we're only ten by the way.

"Really, cooties. What are we back in Kindergarten. And anyway we are just really good friends for now. We'll deal with all of that when we're older. No need to worry about that now." I answer him as we get up.

"Mmh, ok then explain that one time you guys kissed under the play set at the park?

"We umm- well you see, Rae."

We all have nicknames for each other that we hated if anyone else called us them. It was special because the people that called us them were special and our best friends. The three of us, friends forever. The names though, they call me Rae, Tyler is Ty, and Jackson is Jax.

"Ty it was, umm, a friend, no a..." We're both flustered I glance at Jackson and he does the same then I glance at Tyler and my cheeks turn red.

It was one time though! Ok yeah we kissed but what kid hasn't though of it. It just sorta happened. Jackson and I were laughing because we had just successfully run away from Tyler and the next thing I know he's kissing me. When he pulled away both our faces were bright red. Tyler decided at that moment to find us and hasn't let us live it down since.