Chapter 40: Hearing Her Side

Jackson

I dart outside before I have a second to stop and think if this could be a trap. I jump down the stairs missing most of them and run to her dropping to my knees next to her. Picking Rae up carefully, I bring her into my lap resting her head on my arm. She is still breathing and doesn't seem like she's in danger, but she's passed out. Picking her all the way up I stand and turn to everyone at the door. As I start to walk towards the door I stop and look at Bridget.

"You better start talking before I kick you out of the house." I know it's harsh, but after everything she's done I can't trust her.

"I will tell you everything, but you can't kick me out even if you wanted to." It's the first thing she says this whole time and it makes me stop halfway up the stairs and stare at her in shock.

"Excuse me?"

"Jackson, Rae connected the two of us together so I can't leave." I look from her to mom.

"What does that mean?" I've never heard of anyone connecting them self to someone before.

"I'll explain everything once you come inside." Once mom says that, she walks away inside and we all follow.

"Should I bring Rae upstairs?" I look at everyone forming a group in the front sitting room.

"No you can't, Rae and Bridget can only be so far away from each other cause they're connected."

"Ok mom we'll stay down here then, but can you or someone please explain to me what being connected is?"

"Let's sit down then. There's a lot to talk about." Mom leads us over to the couch. Brandon and Kevin appear with chairs from the kitchen and the other room. We put Rae on the couch with Jessie and Kennedy on either side of her. Across from them mom sat on our piano bench with Lily and Andrew. Wow haven't used that piano in a while. I should probably play it again. I miss the feeling of the keys underneath my fingers.

Wait, I should probably get back to the seating now. So, the four of us boys sit in chairs by the entrance of the room. Then across from us Bridget sits in an armchair with all the attention on her, but then mom pulls it from Bridget to her.

"Ok so let's get this started. I will first start with Bridget and Rae and how they got here. So Rae gave Bridget a message. Any elemental can do this. It's where you can create a message then transfer it to someone by taking their mark and addressing it to someone else. When the person who is passing the message touches the addressed to person, the message will appear for them in their head. Almost like elemental mail. So Rae created a message for me. To sum up the message Rae said they had been through a lot. She had to find a way to get out of where they were and she was taking Bridget. Now I don't know why, but in the message she also told me that Bridget can be trusted and that they are connected. In the message she also said she brought Bridget to another timeline to show her the truth of something which weakened her. Then to get the two of them here it took more energy because it wasn't the original place they started in this timeline. And that just about sums it up." I take a second to process what mom said. And then it's my turn to ask some questions.

"So she went to another timeline? How is that possible? Also what is having a connection? And I want to hear Bridget's side to this whole thing." Mom sighs then starts to talk again.

"So Rae is allowed to go to another timeline. I've don't know much about Rae's powers and what she can do, but I know she can do that. I feel like Bridget can explain it more than me. But before she tells her story I'll tell you about connecting someone to another. It's where someone can take someone else's mark and almost converge the two so their connected. I don't know too much about it, but I think it's something only Rae and maybe you guys can do. You have to have a lot of power to be able to do it or else it could drain a person of all of their energy and maybe even kill them.