Chapter 31: My Secrets

Raven

I wake up with a headache. Touching my forehead I feel a bandage on it. Oh god, I just remembered what happened. I quickly sit up and looking around scared to death. I'm starting to freak out because I have no clue where I am.

"It's okay calm down, you're fine." At his touch I instantly feel fine. I turn to see Jackson staring at me worried. I want to say so much, but there's already so many words being said by the silent room and our eyes again.

"I, I-"

"Don't." He says stopping me. "You don't have to I understand. Well I kind of understand because there is still so much that I barely even know, but what I do know is that you're safe and fine for now." He embraces me in a hug which I give back. There in his arms everything feels at peace and I don't want to leave, I'm too scared of losing him and losing this moment. "I wish we could stay like this forever, but a few people want to see you and we need to know what's going on. Can you do that for us, for me."

All I can do is shake my head yes, he did just save my life, again. I stand up and lose my balance falling into his arms, again. Looking up at him the janitor's closet appears around us just like nothing ever happened between then and now. But then that moment is broken by Jessie.

"How is she doi- Oh my god Rae you're awake!" She runs towards us and hugs me tight pulling me away from Jackson.

"Careful Jessie you don't want to break me." I say trying to pull away from her iron grip.

"Please you can't be broken, now come on there's a few things we have to do." She starts to pull me out the room. I look behind me and see Jackson following. I know I have Jessie, but I have that feeling where I don't want to leave his side.

It's so funny, only a few hours ago, at least I think so, I don't know how long I've been out for. Well however long ago I was mad at him, I thought he was someone he isn't and now I don't want to leave his side. We walk out of the room and everyone looks up at us. At that moment it becomes very quiet and awkward. I don't know if I should talk first or them. Good thing Kelly soon answers my thoughts or I feel like I'm going to run out of the room from the attention and staring.

"Now looking at her I can see it. She looks just like her the only difference is the hair and eyes. It feels like I'm looking at an old picture from when the boys were kids." She turns away from Andrew and this women after saying that and looks right at me again. Something about how she said that made me start to think and worry more.

Who is she talking about? What did she not notice before? I think she can see the worry and confusion on my face and decides to go on with the conversation.

"Rae, I'm going to ask you a few things and I want you to answer as truthfully as you can. Ok?"

"You make it sound like I'm a kid that needs to be explained the instructions very slowly so I will understand better." After saying it I realize how harsh I sounded, but she just goes on like nothing happened.

"I'm sorry. But some questions might be a little hard for you to answer, but I need to know the answers to them. Would you like to talk in private or here's fine."

"Here's fine." At that point in the conversation I had forgot everyone around us, but I don't care.

"Rae are you adopted?" When she says that my heart stops. Then I put two and two together. She looks just like her, almost like looking in a photo from when the boys were kids. Are you adopted. She must know something about my past. "Rae?" I look up at the sound of my name realizing I lost track of time and my thoughts.

"Yes." That is all I could say.

"Is your real name Raven?" Once she says that my eyes get wide. She has to know me from my past.