Chapter 4: Goodbye and Hello

My parents are out of breath. Were they just fighting? What is going on?

"Let her go Zack!" My mom makes the first move. And I guess the guy that grabbed me is named Zack. Sounds sorta familiar, but I can't place my finger on it.

"Hahaha, I always wanted to hear you scream in terror ever since that day seven years ago." Zack stops and faces them.

"Are you mad! Still stuck on the fact about what happened that you have to make a little girl involved in this!" My mom gets all defensive and takes a step forward towards us.

"She's the reason for all of this. And don't act all innocent Miranda I'm not the only one to cause this." I'm the reason for all of this? Ok I don't know what side of the bed he may have woken up on this morning, but I don't remember this guy, let alone could I have done anything to him to make him take me for some sort of reason.

"You're so delusional thinking we had something to do with Brooke's death when really it was your own self centered self that killed her."

A switch turns on in Zack's head and he becomes furious, "Don't YOU DARE blame me for killing her, you were the ones to instigate it and now I finally get my revenge." At this point I'm scared. He's yelling and both him and my parents are furious. It doesn't help that I can't feel my arms still because of these two bozos holding them too tight.

"What if she was here Zack. She wouldn't want this, revenge, hurting others to get what you want. What happened to you. That's what started this all, you saw Brooke, she didn't want all of this to start in the first place and that's what ended up killing her. Being the bigger person."

"This is the new me Miranda." He opens up his arms wide. At the same time his face has this insane look to it. "That part of me is dead, JUST LIKE MY WIFE!"

"You don't have to be like this Zack you can change and..."

"And what, live in the world where no one knows who I really am or what power I possess. I think not. Oh it seems like we have some guest to join us." Tyler and Jackson run into the room with Abby right behind them and a family friend (Andrew) who mom had probably called to come help.

"What are you doing I thought I told you to stay in the car. And why on earth did you bring the kids." Mom turns around to see them coming in and yells at Andrew for bringing them.

"I couldn't stop them, and I guess I thought if I can't stop them I will come help you." Andrew answers as Zack maniacally laughs in the background.

"Man this is too good. When I finish with you guys I won't just have her but those two combines too and I guess the other two but they can be disposable. Hahaha!" He's after me because I'm a combine? I guess it all kind of makes sense now. The use of elementals, wanting power, and the extreme of the situation, At this point though I'm done listening to him.

"No!" I've had enough of this and I'm about to explode.

"Oh what's wrong you don't want to see mommy and daddy die. Or do you not want to see your brother, sister, and best friend be hurt too. What are you going to do, use your all mighty elemental on me. That is if you could even control it." He thinks of this as a challenge. And my favorite game is being challenged.

"You asked for it." I try my hardest to summon my energy, something only I have which was a force to be reckoned with if you knew how to control it. My energy is like another part of me, it's weird to explain like another person or thing is controlling me by going off my emotions and the only way I can control it is if I have full control and I've never had full control before.

But sadly for me I only know a little and I use that to move around really fast. Almost like super speed. It's weird because I'm the only one that can do it and yes I haven't fully mastered it, almost like there's another part of it I'm missing, but it still works. It's similar to another power I guess you could say that comes with your elemental where you can create a cloud around you and disappear. This was way faster though. However you would like to think of it. I use that to escape the men and appear in front of my parents.