Chapter 19: Hallway Klutz

The bell finally rings, I thought this day was never going to end. All day I had the competition stuck in my head. Mostly because news in this school spreads like wildfire. Some people gave me nasty looks while others are happy because they think there's a change in power. What I mean by that is Bridget's rule of being a bitch is coming to an end. but I don't see it like that. I see it as a bigger target on my back every day. I walk down the halls lost in thought holding my books tight to my chest when I run into someone dropping all of my stuff. Damn I always do that.

"I'm so sorry I was rushing out to meet-" I'm on the floor picking my stuff up, but when I look up I see Jackson there crouched on the floor holding some of my books.

"By any chance did you find that person?" He gives me the rest of my books and helps me up.

"Actually yes I did, I was wondering..." I'm cut off before I can finish what I was saying.

"Wow look at the school's new klutz everyone. Maybe that's how you know this school is insane because she's going to be performing in the talent show and not me." I look over to see Bridget and a crowd starting to form around us. Usually I wouldn't care, but people started to laugh a little.

The next thing she said though, is what really got to me, "Wow Rae are you running into guys on purpose so they would give you pity and act like they like you. When actually you're just a sorry loser with no talent who thinks they can come in here acting like they're a boss and in charge. Go cry to your parents like a little kid. That's probably not too hard for you, you probably did that a lot as a kid. Or maybe they never gave you any attention because they have a sorry excuse for a kid. Who would even want you as a child? I would have either gotten rid of you personally because how could a parent stand to even look at someone like you." Everyone starts to laugh louder and I grab my books and run out of there, tears running down my face. I don't understand how someone so mean can be so respected by all of the students here. But maybe it's fear more than respect.

From behind I think I hear Jackson yell my name, but I block it out. There's only one place I can run to, the music room. Running in, and closing the door from behind me I lean against the wall sliding down it, cupping my face in my hands. I'm usually not an emotional person in public, damn even with my friends I usually keep emotions life these locked away. They only come out though, when it's about my past. What made it worse is all the people around me laughing and I just made a fool of myself by running, but I had to get out of there. Who could say something like that about a child and their parents? Was she that hurt by hers and that's why she acts like this and says those kind of things. At least she really doesn't know my past. If she did, it could have been a lot worse.

Next to me the door flies open suddenly and I look up and see Jackson, "Rae are you in here?" I sniffled and he turns around coming to my side and before I'm able to say anything he just hugs me. And I hug him back. For some reason I feel comfort in his arms. Then Jessie and Kennedy come in.

"Rae, oh god are you okay, Bridget took it to far and... are you guys hugging?" Jessie looks at me perplexed and I kind of laugh.

Pulling away from Jackson and wiping some tears away I look up at her, "Yeah I

think I'll be fine, and yes we were hugging." I start to laugh again.

"Thank god, you ran and you never were one to show your emotions, but with what she said, ugh she's going to pay." Jessie balls her hands into fists. She looks at me and I know she's starting a plan to beat the shit out of Bridget already, but I shake my head.

"No Jessie, what she did and said was wrong, but we can't fight fire with fire. Let it dim, eventually it will run out."

"What happened to you Rae, you're usually not the mature one. Usually you want to beat the shit out of someone when they push you too far." Jessie gives me this look of confusion putting her hands on her hips.