Chapter 32: We're Soulmates

Jackson

Rae is crying and in pain. Any of us can see it. But so is my mom. Everything doesn't seem real until Rae runs. She runs out of the building and I chase after her.

"Rae wait!" I call for her, but she doesn't answer.

"Um Jackson she's leaving. With your bike." Brandon appears next to me looking out of breath.

"No she can't I have the keys." Then I hear it, my bike starts and when I turn I see her speeding out of here as the gates try to close, but she keeps them open and speeds out. Shit.

"You guys can't let her be out there alone. He's after her and if he gets her in her state like this we're all doomed." When mom says that I realize this situation is a lot worse than I originally thought it was. But who is he? There's no time for questions though.

"Okay Tyler and I will go after her, but how will we know where she is?"

"Jackson you two are connected." It comes out so suddenly.

"What do you mean mom? How are we connected." I'm so confused by what she means. You know what this whole situation is crazy and confusing.

"It's a long story, but you two are soul mates. On your chest you have a soul mate mark. It's her like her own mark on you to show you are hers, she has the same one just for you on her back. We've hid it from you by putting a protective layer over it so you can't see it. Now you need to use it. Just feel deep down inside of you and you will feel her. Feel her pain, feel and almost see where she is. It's something she can't hide from you unless the bond is broken which is very hard and some say impossible to do. Just use your feelings for her to help you. And then you should be able to find her."

Soul mates, mark on my chest, feelings. It's the only thing I have right now, but it has to be done. I put my hand on my chest where I've had these weird tingling feelings recently. I'm guessing that's the mark mom was talking about. Thinking of Rae I think how whenever she smiles it fills up a room. Or how it feels like we can just stop time whenever we started to sing or open up with each other. How she always gives my this feeling on my chest that makes my day. Or how she can easily show her emotions to the people she cares for and she can fight for them too. An image starts to appear in my head. I see her, she's crying with the wind blowing in her face. Then the tree, the tree we hid in that night they were after her and I found out she was not just any elemental. I open my eyes and there's a quick flash of a light and everyone is looking at me. Picking up my shirt there's definitely a mark now. It's like a flame and its black and white representing Dark and Light elementals. She's a combine and my soulmate. But also I now know where she is. Putting my shirt down I look back up at everyone.

"She's at the park."

"Ok good, now go and hurry." Mom pushes Tyler and I away so we would get to her first. I grab a spare bike, one of the agencies, and Tyler jumps on his.

The gates open and we rush out heading for the park. We get there in a few minutes and I leap off the bike running to the tree. I climb up the tree trunk to really look up there and in all the branches I see it's empty.

"Is she up there?" Tyler yells up to me as he approaches the tree.

Jumping down I answer, "No. I don't understand I saw her she has to be here." Turning around and punching the tree trunk I put my elbows and forehead against it trying to think of where she is.

"Hey dude it's okay maybe she's around here let's look and-"

"No there's no point. If she was here this would be the place."

"Do you want to talk about it?" I flip around and slide down the tree trunk sitting down with my hands on my head and my elbows resting on my knees.