Chapter 34: Awake

Raven

Everything is dark. Then I realize my eyes are closed. When I open my eyes I'm stunned by what I see. I'm in this glass box that sits in the center of this room while being connected to all these wires. The room around me is very high tech filled with people in lab coats running around doing whatever their job here may be. Wait am I being experimented on? What happened to me and why am I here? Next thing I know someone is approaching me. Once I see him the name pops right into my head. Zack. They all know I'm awake, I need to figure something out fast.

Before I have time to think this speaker goes off at the top corner of this glass prison I'm in.

"Well look who finally woke up. Well at least it happened now we waited long enough for you." Zack is talking to me, but the only thing I can think of is how long was I out for?

"Umm can you hear me?" I want to ask a few questions.

"Yes we can Raven. You know this feels amazing to finally see you awake and have you."

"Zack, right? Well whatever um how long have I been out and what happened? Also can you explain to me why I have such a bad headache and can't remember anything?" Once I say that last part a big smile forms on Zack's face.

"Yes my name is Zack. And you have been out since Monday. It's Friday now. And I'm sorry I didn't understand that last part, you don't remember anything?"

"I've been out for four days! Oh my god, it feels shorter, but maybe that's because I can't remember anything. Well except your name, my name and..." I stop and look up at him to see if he knows the answer.

"And? Do you mean elementals?" His lip curves up on one side in a little smirk.

"Yes, how do you know? Wait are you hurting me like experimenting on me." I give him these big scared puppy dog eyes.

"Oh no no, see we were keeping you in this to make sure you were still alive. See what happened was there were these mean people trying to hurt you and I saved you in time. These people hurt you and killed your parents and in doing that I became your guardian, but these people want you for your power." He gives me this innocent look conveying this feeling like I should trust him.

"Oh." That is all I can say to him about his answer.

"Yeah, here why don't we let you out." He signals to a few men at computers and the wires all disconnect from me and the door in front of me opens. I step out and Zack just seems so ecstatic. "Now Raven the only thing about you waking up right now is I'm leaving. My daughter is in this talent show thing and I'm needed there." Hmm, talent show thing.

"Oh, umm I know this might be a lot to ask, but I could use something to get my mind off everything. Maybe get some memories, and your daughter and I must be close if you were to be my guardian. She should be so happy to see me there, right? So can I come?" When saying this his smile drops a little, but he isn't mad.

"Sure you can come but there's one problem. Those people will be there so we have to be very careful and watch the show from somewhere else." He's definitely trying to hide something.

"Sure anything for my safety." I agree and his smile is back. All of a sudden a hand grabs me and a darkness envelopes us.

When I finally see again we're somewhere else. Looking around I realize we're on the catwalk right above the stage.

"Best seats in the house and we're out of danger." Zack says looking over the edge a few feet away. Glancing towards the wings I see the next group about to go on. Then I see Zack's daughter. The music starts and they all enter the stage getting ready to perform. Well this is the best time if ever to finally make a move and show I'm not as helpless as I've been acting.