Chapter 23: Let's Hope I Don't Get Them Killed

Raven

We make it to the car with no one seeing us. That was crazy, I've never seen that side of Jasper before. Actually I had no idea he was an elemental. I don't know, he has gotten more aggressive this past year. It has to be related to the man in my nightmare, the eyes did the same thing. Right now we are headed home, Jessie and Kennedy seem a little shocked. Brandon and Kevin are sitting by Jackson. Jackson. When I fell again he scooped me up and would not let go of me. Even though I resisted it a little I didn't want him to let me go. But then when the car started moving he put me by Jessie and Kennedy. Now he's on the phone with someone. Hmm? I wonder who? You know what it doesn't matter I just want to get home, go to bed and forget this whole night ever happened. It's just Jasper has to know what I am or he wouldn't of done that to just any normal person, that would have killed them from the impact of hitting the wall. Even a regular elemental could have been serious hurt. I just don't understand how he may know I'm the first born combine, but I had no idea he was an elemental in the first place.

I notice Jackson hangs up the phone and he has this worried look on his face. I'm about to ask if he's okay until he tells the driver to change addresses. What's going on?

"Where are we going." I ask and I know I'm not the only confused one.

"Uh, we need to go somewhere for safety measures." Safety measures? Why would Jackson want to have safety measures.

"Safety measures, but I'm fine." I answer back.

"It's not because of that it's something else you just have to trust me."

"Okay." Something seems off but I just ignore it and look back out the window. I can hear Brandon whispering something to Jackson, I don't know what but it doesn't make me feel any better about these safety measures.

All of a sudden a wall appears outside of the window. What kind of safety measures are needed?

"Okay where are we?" Jessie speaks first.

"Some place that's safe." Is that all he can say right now.

"If you say so." She answers, going back into her seat.

"It's fine, but when we get there you three need to stay in the car."

"Why?" I interrupt the conversation to see what's going on.

"Just for reasons." Now this is getting annoying.

"I don't like when people are crypt, now tell me Jackson what are we doing." I give him this look, I thought maybe it would make him give in, but no such luck.

"Trust me you're fine." We make it to the gate of whatever this place is and they open. When we enter the gate closes behind us. "Stay here, we'll be right back." Jackson says and he, Brandon and Kevin get out of the car and head towards a man and I think his name is Tyler, that kid from school that held Bridget back in our fight.

Something's not right, we're in some base with men lining the walls it looks like. What the hell are we doing here, this seems too sketchy. I can't think anymore and just sit back in my seat. When I look up I see the driver watching us in the mirror. His eyes are starting to turn dark just like Jasper's and this sick grin starts to form on his face. Oh shit, this isn't good. I need to do something, I can't get out because it will then cause trouble and he will know that I saw his eyes. But what about Jessie and Kennedy I can't put them in danger. Think fast.

"Hey guys, I think you should get out of the car, this seems weird and if they are setting us up somehow..." I start to say, but Jessie stops me before I can finish.