Chapter 29: What Did I Just Do?

When I get home I don't even talk to my parents. They know I'm safe so they're asleep. I head right for my room trying to be as quiet as I can be. When I hit my bed is when the tears start to flow. I know it was going to happen sooner or later when he found out, but the way it happened is what bothers me the most. First his mom saw and I couldn't say anything. I was so scared I had to run out of there, but the look on his face when he came out after me. He looked curious and really hurt. Great now I have to see him in school tomorrow. It's like 6 in the morning on Sunday by the time everything has happened. Maybe I can sleep for a little, I could use it after this weekend.

I wake up and look at my clock. Shit only an hour until school. Guess I slept longer than a little. Getting up I start to run around getting dressed for school. I have about a half hour left when I finish. Hmm, not too bad. Going downstairs I see my parents. Before anything can be said my mom embraces me in a big hug.

"I'm so sorry I-" I don't let her finish.

"It's okay it's not your fault. I wish I can tell you everything, but it's too complicated. I got to go to school and deal with some things there. Talk to you later." I pull away and walk out the front door before anything more can be said.

I call Jessie and Kennedy telling them to meet me outside the school when leaving my driveway. By the time I get to school they are waiting by their car and come running up to me.

"Are you okay? How did everything go? What happened with Jackson?" Always Jessie with the millions of questions.

"I'm fine. But we have a problem." They both give me a confused look and in unison and ask,

"What kind of problem?"

"The kind of problem where Jackson and his mom saw my marks and I ran out of there as fast as I could without explaining anything." They both freeze, but Kennedy actually breaks it first.

"Wait What!?! How is that possible."

"Well I was having another nightmare, but this one was different. I appeared in what looked like an old warehouse with the man. I recognized him, but couldn't put my finger on it. Then a little girl appeared. The creepiest thing was I think that little girl was me. She had brown hair and green eyes though. I watched her or me go through pain as her or my parents died. I couldn't forget it like is that how my parents died? Then I was brought to someplace else and I heard the voice again call my name. This time I saw them and there was a little boy and the name Jax slipped off my lips. When I said that an older boy appeared next to him. I thought it could be the same with me how I saw the younger version of myself. The boy that appeared could be the older version of the younger boy. Before I could figure it out Jackson woke me up. And when he grabbed my arm I shot up in bed having my marks flash. I couldn't speak and ran out the door. And that's what happened."

'Well shit. What do we do now?" Jessie gives me a puzzled look, but Kennedy soon changes that.

"I hate to ruin this thinking session, but we are going to be late." Kennedy is right. Well here goes nothing.

Jackson

When she leaves I go back into the house. I pass my mom and head to my room. I can't believe it. She's different and I don't know if it's a good or bad thing. I can't get the image out of my head. It's amazing, but scary at the same time. Maybe mom knows more about it? I need to go to school tomorrow and these past few days have really made me tired. I should probably try and get more sleep.

Sleeping did not help. When I wake up I'm still exhausted even though I slept the whole day and it's now Monday. Even if I'm exhausted I still need to go to school. Leaving early I hope by chance Rae would be there in the auditorium or music room, but no such luck. I bet she's ditching and is never coming back. Why did I wake her? She would still be here, she would come say hi and there would be the awkward tension, but at the same time she would be here smiling and I wouldn't be able to help but smile too. I've fallen for her. Hard, like really hard and now she's gone or will never talk to me again. There's a slight heart breaking feeling on my chest, but I ignore it. These feeling have been driving me insane. Between me coming to school and getting stuck in my thoughts I manage to make it back into the hall where Brandon and Kevin are.