Chapter 36: What Now?

Jackson

Miss. Daniels enters the stage as the audience calms down. "Wow what a performance. Now our judges have already decided and think this class gave one or maybe the best performance of the night. And I think maybe all of you would think this too. So the winners of this year annual beginning of the year talent show is... Miss. Fields advanced arts class." We all start freak out.

The boys form a group and so do the girls.

"Oh my god! I can't believe we just won, this is amazing everything seemed to end up right after all." Brandon is so excited, but I can't stop looking in her direction. "Go to her."

"What?" I turn my attention back to him when he says that.

"I said go to her you love sick puppy, It seems like you two have a lot to talk about." I face her direction and Brandon kinds of gives me a slight shove.

I'm making my way towards her and she's doing the same. We get faster and faster until we are just about running at each other. When she is close enough to grab her I take her by the waist and spin her around hugging her and not letting go. When we stop and I put her down, but I wasn't letting her go again, I can't lose her. We are completely silent. Maybe one of us should say something so getting close to her ear and in about a whisper,

"I told you I would never forget you." She laughs which almost sounded like an angels laugh. So beautiful and harmonious which causes me to laugh too.

We both pull apart and look at each other.

"So you have your memories back?" Is the first thing she says..

"Yeah, I do. Wait does that mean you have yours back because you knew I lost mine?" I hope she has her memories back because I don't know how I'll survive with her not knowing about the past. Not knowing about us and what we had and could have.

"It was a lot to take in, I don't know how long you and Tyler were out, but I was out for most of the week I just woke up earlier. But when I woke up I realized this time I didn't forget everything. I actually got all my memories back too." I hug her not able to hold back my excitement.

"I'm so sorr-" She starts to apologize, but I don't let her. She shouldn't be sorry, I should be.

"Don't apologize. I was the one that didn't protect you and-" Now she stops me this time.

"No now don't you go apologizing to me. Lets just say the everything that happened was out of our hands, but at least we're here now. Ok so let's live in this moment and not the past."

"Yeah I would really love that." We both start to laugh again as we pull apart, but then all of a sudden her face changes into a scared look. "What's wrong?" I'm worried because I don't want to lose her again.

"Zack's daughter is Bridget and they're still here." I can't fully process it because I don't want to believe it. But then it kicks in.

"Wait what? God Rae we have to go, I'm not letting them take you again." I grab Rae's wrist and start to pull her away, but then she stops.

"No Jackson. I would never forgive myself if anyone here got hurt because of me. This is my fight. I'm sorry." She is walking away from me and I'm not going to let her go this easy again. I run up behind her and spin her towards me.

"Well if I can't convince you to leave then I'm helping you." I'll do whatever I need to do to keep her safe, even if I'm hurting myself in the process.

"No I need you to stay here and watch these people. They need your help even if they don't know it and I'm not letting you get hurt over my fight." She was stern because she doesn't want me to get hurt, I can feel it.