Chapter 1: Hi I'm Raven

Welcome to the twenty first century. My story isn't like the classic fairy tale where she ends up with the prince after meeting him at a ball. I don't have evil step sisters trying to do whatever they can to stop my happiness, but the danger is real. Many think life isn't like the fairy tales with magic, love and living happily ever after but in my story, fairy tales are barely the brink of it. What I posses is like legends and fairy tales to people, that's all they are, nothing more than a story told by your grandparents or written in a book. But my story starts off when I was born.

It was a cold day in the city of Los Angeles, California on January 1st, 2000, when we were born. By we, I mean my twin brother, Tyler and I. Everyone in my family has these brown eyes with honey like color hair and tanish color skin except Tyler who has all of that, but instead or brown eyes his are blue. Me on the other hand I have piercing green eyes, with light brown hair and pale skin.

I'm different, and it doesn't just show in my looks. It's normal in an elemental family when a baby is born, their mark will show when the child is old enough to control it, meaning they can hide it when it's needed.

Every mark on an elemental energy is unique like a snowflake - one never looks like another, each are one of a kind. Every elemental is born with one and it's the color of white or black representing Light or Dark elementals. Each have their own designs to mark them as their own. The designs look like a bunch of vines with thorns on them intertwining all together to create a rectangle kind of shape. That shape is marked on their right wrist and it's between the elbow and wrist but it only fills up about half of that space.

My brother and I on the other hand were different. About a year after our birth is when our marks appeared. We had no control over it, because of who we are it just happened. My mark showed first. I'm not the classic elemental you may be thinking about. I'm the firstborn combine.

My mark was more than a mark it was a huge marking. It started at my wrist and traveled up to my shoulder, across my chest and back down the other arm. In total I had eight different marks on my arm. By 8 different marks I mean I didn't just have mine, I had others marks that were close to me in some way. But because they were all connected it was almost like one huge serious of vines connecting, but also changing mattering on who the elemental was.

Starting on my right side there was my mark, the fifth born combine above that, then above theirs is my little sisters - who is to be born a year after us right before my mark appeared. On the left arm starting at my wrist is Tyler's mark, above his is the third born combine - Jackson, who was born a month after us - and then fourth born combine. My marks on my arms are split in half, a girls side and boys side. On my chest on the right shoulder is my mom's mark, and on the left shoulder is my dad's.

Between them is something very special and precious. In the middle, on the top of my chest is the Raven's mark - the mark of all elemental power. Around it is sixteen dots, but I say they look like stars. Those stars represent the first 16 born elementals, the originals. If anything seriously happens to the mark I could die, and if I die or the mark is severely damaged every living elemental will die or lose their elemental.

It's almost like if I die I'm bringing a lot of people down with me. Definitely a lot of responsibility just for a 17 year old junior in high school. And the only way to stop it is by giving birth so I definitely have some time to try and stay alive. But hey I've lived this long, even though it's been a struggle, but I'll get into that later. I also have a special mark instead of the mark being all white or black to represent Light or Dark elemental. It was half white and half black. And when the next four combines are born theirs will be the same as mine.

That isn't the only thing though on my body. I'm only one at this point and it probably looks like I'm covered in tattoos. But as I was saying, the other mark on my body is my soulmates mark. It lies on my back right behind my heart. Usually soulmates don't match up until they've had time with each other and fallen in love, oh and kissed. The kiss seals it after they are seriously in love with each other.