Chapter 18: Are We Ok?

After a few minutes of cooling off and waiting for the results, Miss. Fields calls for our attention.

"Now this was definitely a close race, but there can only be one winner. The second place team got a score of nineteen out of twenty five and the other team got a perfect score minus the deduction. Now this will say who the winner is so I just want to say good job girls and congrats to the winner and I can't wait to see what's in store. And the winning score was a twenty three out of twenty five which means Rae's team wins!"

"What! No she can't win it's not fair." Bridget yells but I can't really hear her, I'm too shocked.

"I'm sorry Miss. Harrison but it's what we chose from the final scores."

"This is all bull shit, Ugh!" She stomps out of the room with her minions trailing behind. You know it's nice watching her be the one storming out of this room and not me because I finally won something over her. Karma can be a real bitch sometimes.

"Well we will go handle that and leave you all to celebrate, nice job." She walks out with Miss. Daniels and when the door closes Jessie's yelling.

"We won! We won!" Brandon and Kevin pick up Jessie and Kennedy and spin them around in a circle kissing them.

"Go get a room." I say looking away.

"Oh you're just jealous." I could feel him right behind me even before he said anything. Weird. .

"No it's just they all get all little too overboard I guess if you know what I mean."

"Yeah I do, then let's go." Go?

"What do you mean." I'm confused.

"I'll show you."

"Oh no, no more surprises."

"Come on let's just go, you trust me right." Oh so he's playing this game. I say I trust him once and now everything is ok between us. Maybe I shouldn't be mad though, he did kind of say he didn't want to be with Bridget, but who even knows at this point anymore.

"Ugh fine, it's only because I don't want to put up a fight." Maybe other things too like this weird tingling on my back, but I'm not letting him know that.

"Oh I'm sure." He leaps off the stage and runs up the aisle and out of the auditorium.

"Hey get back here!" I run after him and into the music room. I'm sure he ran in here...

"AH!" He grabs me at my hips and picks me up spinning me around my back against his chest. The tingling returns in full force, but I don't focus on that. "Oh so not cool." I yell while also laughing at the same time.

"Oh come on you're having fun."

"What are we even doing?"

"I wanted to ask you about the song."

"About?" What did he want to know.

"The lyrics, did you mean what you said?" He gets serious and turns me around so we're looking at each other. He's still holding my hips though, so it's a little hard to focus on what he's saying as one of his thumbs slowly trace circles. Shit Rae answer him!

"I don't know what you mean?" I walk away and sit at the piano. I can't focus on him when he's touching me like that. Wait no whenever we have any sort of physical contact. Maybe even when we look at each other. He follows me and asks again,

"Really you know what I mean, I'm serious about it."

"I don't know I guess I was just singing from my heart."