Chapter 12: Almost Kiss

I finally finish the day and I'm heading out when something makes me stop. I know I heard the voice before, but just differently. Walking down the now empty hallway to the music room door I look in, and there sitting at the piano is Jackson. Man he's even cuter when he plays a heartful song and... no stop, ugh not this again. My mind seems like it's another person spilling all of my deepest darkest secrets for me to hear non stop. And then to add to that my heart feels like it's not even apart of my body with the way it beats around him.Thank god he can't hear either. I feel like I would die if he heard my thoughts.

I get closer to the door and try to listen. The song seems to be sad, but I can't hear too much through the door. Opening it slightly and sneaking in I close it quietly behind me. He's at the ending chorus of the song and is really getting into it. Before I can understand what the song is about he stops. Putting his hands on his head he lowers it down onto the piano. He shakes his head and grunts angrily, but then brings it back up grabbing the pencil and scribbling something out. I think now would be the best time to talk so I step forward and asked him a question.

"What are you writing?" He's startled and jumps a little.

"Dear god you scared the shit out of me!" He turns around surprised and scared to see me.

"Haha, sorry I just heard you playing and had to come see. Now I see why you were the best in school."

"Were? What do you mean by were?"

Maybe I can fix this situation with a little joking, "Well now that I'm here you're about the second best."

"Oh really." He raises an eyebrow while his mouth tilts up a little on one side.

"Really, you may have a heart and can write songs with it, but you will never be as good as me." I take my hand and place it flat on my chest rolling my eyes while answering sarcastically.

"Is that another challenge?" He gives me a raised eyebrow look playing along.

"I would love to but remember what Miss. Fields said, we need to let that bond take control instead of allowing our feelings of wanting to win take over. Or whatever she said." I say in a mocking tone mimicking Miss. Fields.

"Maybe we could do that then?" His smile gets bigger and its playful now like always. It's actually really cute because he has these slight dimples. Stop, no more thoughts. Get out of my head! What am I even doing, I need to answer him.

"Maybe, but I think you will need some practice first to stay in tune with me."

"Ha, I should say the same to you, and remember I stayed in time with you in our first competition. Staying in tune shouldn't be too hard."

"Pure luck, and anyway I was going easy." For some reason it's easy to just go off each other and tease the other.

"Oh really, so what if I did this," He comes forward and wraps one arm around my waist and takes the other to grab my hand. We then do a waltzes like dance. I can't stop laughing until he ends it by spinning me out then spinning me back in and dipping me. I kicked my leg up and he quickly raises me having us pressed up against each other. Faces almost inches apart. I slightly look up into his eyes and he looks down into mine. Our breathing is heavy again and we both look serious. The feeling on my back is back again. I swear he's about to kiss me when my shadows come barging in.

"Hey Rae there you are we have been looking..." Jackson and I pull apart fast to face them breaking whatever that was. Both our faces are turning bright red while Jessie and Kennedy seemed confused until Jessie's confusion turned into the biggest smile I ever saw.

"You know what we will see you later." Jessie goes to leave, but I stop her.

"Stop right there, very funny Jessie we were just dancing."