Chapter 17: The Competition

When the day ends I leave. Its silent without Jessie and Kennedy. Kind of feels nice, but at the same time lonely. Was I that hard on her. No stop and just forget it all. I get on my bike and look at the doors. There I see Jackson looking down at me. At that moment I feel a tear run down my face. I turn and wipe it away so he won't see. Why the hell am I feeling this way about him? I barely know the guy. And he has to be the cause of my mark on my back. I just don't know why though? What does it all mean? Starting my bike I leave. Was I stupid to actually start to fall for him, the most popular guy in school. Probably. I don't know I just need sometime to think, maybe I'll feel better in the morning.

***

Nope I was wrong. I feel worse. Jessie I think still hates me, I'm still mad at Jackson or am I from what happened in the janitor's closet. No get out of my head, UGH! I think I'm about to break. Why am I even mad anymore? Oh right these stupid feelings of jealousy, pain and anger. That's why. And we have the competition today, this is going to be a nightmare. Throwing my pillow over my face I scream then get up and get ready for school.

When I get to school about an hour later my nerves aren't any more calm so maybe if I go to the auditorium and practice a little it will help me calm down. When I walk in it seems like some people had the same idea too. There's Jessie, Kennedy, Brandon, Kevin and Jackson who all turn to look at me. Nobody says anything for what feels like forever until Jessie finally says something.

"What are you doing here?" She's being bitchy and you can hear it in her voice. I guess I deserve it. I did the same thing to her yesterday.

"Jessie! That's not nice!" At least Kennedy is trying to be nice.

"I don't care Kennedy." I turn to leave when Jessie says that, but Kennedy stops me.

"Rae please don't go you know how Jessie can be, please we need you."

"How I can be! Really what about her! I've seen her bad before, but not this bad except that whole thing with Jasp-" I freeze. Like actually freeze almost like someone just cut the wrong wire to shut me down completely.

"Jessie!" Kennedy yells at her and then hits her on the arm.

Jessie covers her mouth in a panic while the guys look around confused.

"Um, If you don't mind me asking, who or what's Jasp-" Brandon answers for the now confused guys.

"Don't Brandon it's nothing I was just speaking from my head I didn't mean to say that."

"It didn't seem like that Jessie, now who or what is it?" Brandon is getting suspicious, this is all I need, to bring that drama into this. But I shouldn't be too surprised because when is my life not fucked up.

"I-I...I can't-" Jessie's about to have a panic attack I have to fix it even if I'm mad. Gaining control over my motions again I answer them.

"He's my ex." I say it just above a whisper, but everyone was still able to hear me and they all turn to look at me.

"Rae I'm so sorry I..." I'm mad. No wait pissed off because I hate going into my personal life with people. I don't know if I can trust her. First the whole feelings with Jackson and now revealing personal things I would like to keep to myself and whoever I tell. Not her. Even though the second I looked at Jackson it felt like he already knocked all of my walls down. At the same time though, I may be mad, but I don't want her to break down in front of everyone.

I put up a finger for her to stop, "It's okay they were probably going to find out some way."

"What happened?" We all look at Jackson until I finally answer him.