Chapter 13: Don't Underestimate Me

I wake up and I can't believe it's already Wednesday, it's felt like an eternity since school started. I do my same routine and go to leave but my mom stops me.
"Oh Rae before I forget what are you doing Friday?" She looks up from whatever she's doing on her computer and at me.

"Nothing except school I think, why?" What's on Friday? I don't remember anything planned.

"We have that big party for your aunt."

"Which aunt?" Or should I also say what party?

"My aunt on my mother's side."

"The one that loves me so much and gives me money."

"Yes, and is that all you care about, money." She's annoyed. Not surprised though because she seems to always be annoyed with me.

"No, and me caring about money coming from the one that wants me to marry for money."

"I never said that."

"Oh really." This is not going to end well.

"Don't you talk back to me young lady."

"Yeah, yeah I got to go before I'm late bye."

"Don't forget."

"I won't." I run out of there as fast as I can, jump on my bike and drive off.

Getting to school I stop right when I step in and look around making sure I don't get dragged again. Instead of getting dragged I get the shit scared out of me.

"Hey!" Jessie comes up from behind me.

"Oh my god Jessie what have I told you about scaring me, what if I used my you know" I look around then answer in a whisper, "my elemental." I give her this pissed off look.

"Whoa sorry we saw you walk in and wanted to see how you were doing."

"Fine why wouldn't I be."

"The whole Jackson thing yesterday."

"What thing?" It's too early for them to start with this.

"Umm, you guys nearly kissed, oh today after school you're spilling all the details on that."

"Well that won't take long because there is nothing going on." I walk away, but they follow behind.

"Oh come on Rae it's the third day of school and I've never seen you look at someone like that before. It's love I know it. And Jackson he's only been with one girl before and the way he looked at her for years and you in just seconds, he definitely feels the same I know it."

"Or you're just going insane. And maybe he looks at me differently because I'm not some psycho bitch trying to take control of everything. And love? Really. We only just met." I stop and face them.

"You're the insane one for not admitting it. Come on he's the hottest and probably most talented, nicest, popular..." She's rambling now.

"Jessie!"

"What?"

"You were daydreaming again, and what about Brandon."

"Oh I don't like Jackson that way he's like a close friend, but you and him on the other hand." She elbows me while giving me this smile and winking.

"You know what, was that the bell, we better head to class before we are late. Again!"

"Wait hold on I didn't hear the bell. Hey wait, Rae slow down!"

Bobbing and weaving through so many people to make it to the auditorium to ditch the girls isn't too hard. When I open the doors though I crash again, but this time there is no mess or fighting.