Chapter 6: New Day, New Faces

I wake up dripping in sweat. I don't exactly remember what just happened, but it scared the shit out of me. Maybe it was another nightmare? No I would remember it. Then what could it have been?

All of a sudden I start blinking and I can't stop and with every blink my eyes start to glow. One white and one black. I need to get out of here. Pushing the covers off me I'm running out of my room and keep running. After what feels like forever the glow has slowly disappeared and my eyes stopped blinking really fast.

When my vision fully comes back to me I realize I'm no longer in my house, but instead outside in an open field. How the hell did I get out here? I try to slow down to realize where I am, but it doesn't work. I'm starting to feel like I might never stop running.

In the distance there's a loud scream and my brain is telling me to run while my body stops. Great now I stop when I want to run. A dark fog starts to surround me and the trees and bushes disappear.

My heart feels like it's beating out of my chest especially when It feels like someone is so close they are breathing down my neck. What the hell is happening? Then there's a laugh. Not just any laugh, but his laugh. The man of my nightmares laugh.

"Get out of my head!" I yell into the darkness around me as it echos into the unknown. The fog has now disappeared and it's starting to rain hard. My body is finally back in control and I run.

I see people appear around me, there are voices, someone saying I will always love you. I don't stop and listen to them because my brain and legs are telling me to not stop. Keeping running until he's gone. But soon enough my legs give out and I'm falling.

I hit the ground with a thud landing on my back. Weird didn't I fall forward? Whatever all that matters right now is it's getting harder to breath like the world around me is caving in. Looking for a way to get out I glance over to my side. I don't realize it at first, but then I see someone standing there coming towards me. My heart is pounding throughout my body, but I can't run. I'm trapped unable to move. They get closer and the pounding in my ears quiets down and I hear them say something.

"Rae. Rae wake up. Come on you need to get up, I can't lose you. You're the only one that can fix this, fix us." He starts to run towards me but then disappears into the fog that has appeared again.

Where he was just standing a new thing comes into view. Two headlights are speeding towards me. I can't move. I can't even close my eyes. All I can do is scream until it hits me.

I sit up in bed screaming my head off while also being drenched in sweat and I think tears from me crying which have also now stained my pillow and my checks. Once the room comes into view I stop screaming. Taking my hands I press them to my cheeks to calm myself down and cover my eyes.

In my nightmare I woke up from a nightmare to then be pushed into a world of darkness and the unknown. Damn this shit is getting harder to deal with. Every time I feel like I'm ok he has to come back and haunt me.

Finally being able to have control over my body and thoughts I look up. My parents are on the side of my bed looking at me with worried and terrified faces.

"Oh thank god Rae. We tried to wake you but it wasn't working. You started to turn in your sleep and started screaming and crying and saying names or words we didn't understand." Mom looks terrified like she just encountered a demon.

She's lucky though, I would have rather seen someone being possessed instead of experiencing another nightmare. Let alone one where I felt like I was gaining some sort of control to escape when really I was just trapped like always.

"What time is it?" I'm still tired because the nightmares don't effect me in real life too much except for the screaming and feeling like I need a second to catch my breath like I was actually running. My parents on the other hand are seriously affected, like a lot.